[Njabs-talk] Opportunity to participate research of accessibility at Cornell Tech

Yuhang Zhao yz769 at cornell.edu
Wed Apr 15 19:00:17 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

Our research group at Cornell University (NYC Campus) is studying how Smart Glasses could provide low vision people equal access to information. We are looking for volunteers to participate in a study to help us with our work!

What the study is about:
This study is to explore the design space of vision enhancement interfaces on Smart Glasses (Augmented Reality Glasses and Virtual Reality Glasses) for low vision people and the possible benefits of vision experience customizing due to different eye conditions and usage scenarios.

Participants must:

  *   Be at least 18 years old
  *   Have low vision (i.e., a visual impairment that cannot be corrected with contacts or glasses) or have professional experience working with low vision people

Participants will be compensated $20 (or a $20 gift card) for each hour of a study session. For this two-hour study they will receive $40. If participants require assistance with transportation to the study location, we will pay for their transportation expenses up to $60.

If you are interested, please contact us at yz769 at cornell.edu<mailto:yz769 at cornell.edu> (Yuhang Zhao) or shiri.azenkot at cornell.edu<mailto:shiri.azenkot at cornell.edu> (Shiri Azenkot).

We look forward to meeting with you and learning from your experiences!

Attached is the consent form of our study. If you have some friends who are also interested in this study, please feel free to forward this email or ask them to contact us. Thank you so much for your help!