[Njabs-talk] State Convention Fast Approaching!!!

Veronica R Gaspa veronica.gaspa at student.shu.edu
Tue Nov 7 19:23:48 UTC 2017

Happy Tuesday Students!
I can't believe state convention is this weekend, can you believe it? I am looking forward to seeing a lot of you very very soon!
This email is going to be quite long, but I promise you will be glad you read it.
Here are some reminders:
First of all, if you are not able to make state convention we will be doing some live streaming on Facebook and the NFBNJ YouTube. We will post the stream times on Facebook, or you can contact me and I can let you know the times.
Secondly, please do not forget to bring your old canes to convention! I am running a drive to obtain as many old canes as possible, and then send them to a company called Kustom Canes who will then fix them up and send them to people in different countries who can't get canes as easily as we can here in North America. For each cane you will get an entry into a raffle for a Kustom Cane accessory package that will include a cane tip, and two cane charms.
Thirdly, please look at the convention agenda so you know when and where all of our events will be happening throughout the weekend. You can find the agenda on the convention page of the state website. Go to:
Nfbnj.org
And the convention page can be accessed through the website. I also sent it out a couple of weeks ago, and if you have problems getting it through the website let me know and I will email it to you.
Fourthly, a couple people have asked me about clothing. You do not need to be in your Sunday best all weekend, but it is good to look presentable and for the banquet it is always fun to get a little extra dressed up for a fine dining dinner event. I would say for guys a polo shirt and a pair of Kaki/black pants is fine. For girls a nice blouse and black pants would be just fine. If you would like to be in your Sunday best all weekend, you are also more than welcome to do that as well. There will be people all over the spectrum.
Fifthly, have a great time! For those who will be joining us for the first time convention is a great time to meet more of your NFBNJ family, and a great time to network with people from all walks of life. If you have trouble with anything throughout the weekend hotel staff are there to help, and if you ask any of our members I promise they will do their best to lend a hand.
If you made it to the end of this email you will forever have a special place in my heart. If you have any other questions or concerns please contact me and I will do my best to help! Rest up for a great weekend, and get excited!
Best,
Vee Gaspa
Vee Gaspa
President, New Jersey Association of Blind Students
Brother, Alpha Phi Omega
Writer, the Setonian
Phone: 434-989-1868
Email: veronica.gaspa at student.shu.edu<mailto:veronica.gaspa at student.shu.edu>
Remember, you can live the life you want!