[Njagdu] No Heat

Vincent Chaney vgc732 at optonline.net
Wed Mar 17 02:23:00 UTC 2010

Tracy,

Wishing you, your husband, Ben and Echo the best. Hopefully you have gotten back your electricity. I have read dogs are most comfortable with temperatures in the forties. Michele and I did not loose electricity but we were out on Saturday and passed stores, restaurants and a shopping mall totally empty without cars and totally dark without lights. The whole storm was powerfully weird. Hope you keep in touch with the NJAGDU group as most of us do not receive your messages on the NAGDU list where I copied your below message from.

_______________

We had a big storm this weekend.  3-6 inches of rain, and winds up to 70
MPH.  We lost power Saturday night, and with it the heat.  Yesterday
morning, the indoor temp was about 60, and this morning it was down to 52.
 Pretty nippy.  Yesterday, I put the dogs' sweaters on them.  Echo kept
hers on, but Ben wiggled out of his.  He's a mandog; I guess sweaters are
sissy.  He just curled up in his usual Benny ball, with all his paws
tucked in and his tail over his nose.  The Benny ball is his usual
sleeping position.  The dogs didn't really seem to be cold, but I think we
will try to find somewhere to stay tonight.  The weather is still rainy,
and I think the house will continue to get colder.  The power is supposed
to come back on sometime tomorrow afternoon.  Hope it does.  I can live
without the TV, or lights, but I need a bit of heat.

We got off pretty lightly.  Some people were killed by falling trees, and
the news is full of people with trees on top of their houses.  The wind
did grab our storm door and slam it so all the glass broke.  My husband
picked up what he could find, but we'll probably get someone to look in
the grass for more broken glass before we let the dogs scamper around the
backyard.  But really we came out it pretty well.

For once it's pretty nice to be in the office.  It's warm, and I can read
my email!
Tracy

Vinny
Vincent Chaney Jr
NFB Diabetes Action Network (DAN) Board
NFBNJ Diabetes Division President
NJAGDU Division President
NFBNJ Technology Division Vice President
NFBNJ.ORG Webmaster