[Njagdu] The Sign in the Window at Walmart Regarding Guide Dogs

KARmedtrans at aol.com KARmedtrans at aol.com
Fri Oct 14 17:59:00 UTC 2011

Dear Marion,

Hello, this is Kathy Rawa from Egg Harbor City, NJ, giving you the
following information which I brought up on your teleconference call in August and
on Vincent Chaney's teleconference call last month, when you were a guest.

While at Walmart in Mayslanding, NJ, I requested a sighted person to look
for a sign regarding guide dogs.  On a small sign, blue background and white
letters read the following:
        "Service Animals Welcome - Report Problems  -
            800-963-8442"

Well, I did call and attempted to learn more about this.  The people
answering are a third party Global Compliance Group, working with Walmart Ethics.
They said I should call, if I had not done prior to this call, Walmart
Customer Service.  The number given, 1-800-925-6278.  They respond on Central
Time: Monday-Friday 7am-9pm; Saturday 9am-9pm; and Sunday 1pm-6pm.

I had no success.  I went through the whole menu and was right back where I
started calling the first number of the 3rd party Hotline.

When I first called the gentleman I spoke of, his name was Chris.  Sorry
this all the information I can give you.  I do not know why this sign is on
the door.  Employees I spoke to outside seem to be aware of this sign -- why I
cannot find out.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Kathy Rawa and Dorito