[Njagdu] Drivers' Ed - White Cane law

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Mar 21 18:02:19 UTC 2012

I'm going to propose some language that I think is like what we want added
to drivers' Ed, then y'all can add, delete, or throw my stuff out
altogether.  Here goes:

By law, a driver is required to yield to a pedestrian in the crosswalk.
Further, federal and state White Cane laws require a driver to yield to a
blind person using a white cane or a guide dog, whether or not the blind
person is in the crosswalk.
Here is a picture of a blind person with a white cane.  The cane is white,
with a red tip.
Here is a picture of a blind person with a guide dog.  The dog is wearing
a harness, which the blind person is holding on to.

There you go.  Have at it!
Tracy