[Njagdu] Taxi trouble

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 19 13:59:06 UTC 2013

Tracy,
    Rick is correct in his advice to file a complaint with the human rights
office of the Attorney General's office. At the same time, it would be good
to file a complaint with the regulatory agency that oversees taxicabs. In
Hillsborough County, that agency is called the Public Transportation
Comission. Licensing jurisdictions require those they license to abide by
all local, state, and federal laws governing the operation of their
services. Unfortunately, I believe New Jersey does not have criminal
remedies for denial of access to disabled patrons, but I do believe the law
does hold the corporate entity accountable for the actions of their agents,
even if those agents are independent contractors. Please let us know how it
all works out for you. If you need any advocacy from NAGDU. please do not
hesitate to get in touch with me.

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
813-626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG
HTTP://WWW.NAGDU.ORG