[Njagdu] NJAGDU Board Message of Embarrassment!

Vincent Chaney Jr. vgc732 at optonline.net
Sat Nov 16 06:43:03 UTC 2013

To All Guide Dog Users:

A Message from the Board of the New Jersey Association of Guide Dog Users

It has come to the attention of the Board of the New Jersey Association of
Guide Dog Users that one or more people were irresponsible at this year's
state convention. Piles of "dog feces" were witnessed in the front of the
hotel and the relief area on the side of the building by the conference
rooms while the convention attendees were leaving on Sunday and also stepped
on by a number of fellow Guide Dog Users during the 2013 State Convention.
We have been trained in similar fashions by the Guide Dog Schools our
partners come from and therefore we know that we are responsible for our
dogs and should be able to pick up after ourselves. This abstaining from our
responsibility and independence as guide dog users is an Embarrassment to us
of the NJAGDU Board; your fellow New Jersey Association of Guide Dog Users;
the NFB of NJ; our fellow guide dog users of New Jersey and guide dog users
of the USA. We are responsible for our own impression and our guide dog's
presentation to the sighted world as ambassadors for today's and future
guide dog teams by example.

There are security cameras that are all over today catching us. People with
vision are able to witness us irresponsibly not picking up after ourselves
from distances which we are totally unaware of. Please keep in mind there
are many security cameras watching and photographing around the hotel
properties. The hotel is able to go back to replay and review their digital
recordings which means you could be caught this time. So, please think twice
as you're on candid camera.

We of the New Jersey Association of Guide Dog Users Board wish this
inconsiderate and embarrassing activity will cease and desist in the future
events we attend.

Vincent G Chaney Jr

President, NFBNJ New Jersey Association of Guide Dog Users

732-251-8650