[Njagdu] New bill in NJ State legislature

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Sat Apr 11 19:08:23 UTC 2015

Dear all,

                I think this is a good time to urge your legislators to
create criminal remedies for violation of the civil rights of a disabled
person, as per our resolution 2010-25 attached to this message. The purpose
for criminal remedies is not to throw people in jail, as this will likely
never happen. The purpose is to give law enforcement the authority to
intervene and to issue an order to appear should the offender be unwilling
to comply. Thirty-five states currently have such provisions. If we need to
have a discussion of this issue, please let me know and I will facilitate
this discussion.

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala, President

National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc.

National Federation of the Blind

(813) 626-2789

(888) 624-3841 (Hotline)

 <mailto:President at nagdu.org> President at nagdu.org

 <http://www.nagdu.org> http://www.nagdu.org

High expectations create unlimited potential for the blind!