[Njagdu] National Federation of the Bllind NJAGDU April Meeting Agenda and Marc h Mnutes

aseanj at netzero.net aseanj at netzero.net
Wed Apr 22 00:44:15 UTC 2015

Hello Everyone!I am writing to remind you all of our next NJAGDU meeting.  Please be sure to read over the minutes before Thursday's meeting, I would appreciate it.Here is the info for the meeting… Date: Thursday, April 23, 2015Time: 7:00 PMCall: 1 712 432 0180Code: 460994  If you have not already please RSVP to me so I know if you will be making the call or not.I look forward to Thursday night, enjoy the rest of your evening.Cordially,Alice   Hello Everyone! Below are the minutes from our last division meeting. Please be sure to read them over before our next meeting on Thursday, April 23rd. After the minutes you will find  the Agenda for our call.  National Federation of the Blind of New JerseyNew Jersey Association of Guide Dog Users March 23, 2015  Roll Call:
Trisha Ebel, NFBNJ NJAGDU PresidentAlice Eaddy, SecretaryLynn Reynolds, TreasurerAnna DeSantis, Board memberJoe Ruffalo, NFBNJ PresidentAngela PeroneLydia Keller        Jack TruehaftJo LulandJohn LulandJerilyn HigginsLes CameronKathy RawaPat McKennaJohnathan GoodmanJoe BrazDan FachiniSue TilletSteve RutchRyan Stevens, NFBNJ Parliamentarian Call to order by President Trisha Ebel at 7:04 PM. Trisha reminder to those on the call that *6 can mute and unmute you so that background noise can be eliminated. It was stated that if you have not paid your 2015 dues you cannot participate in making motions, but you are welcome to be on the calls. 2 members remarked that their checks were in the mail.
 The Minutes were sent out by Alice: Jerilyn moved to accept the minutes as sent Kathy seconded. All were in favor, motion carried unanimously.
 Lynn provided the Treasures report: the ending balance as of February 28th $600. No additional deposits have been made at this time.  Jerilyn moved to accept the treasurer’s report Sue Tillet seconded, all were in favor.
 Update regarding guide dog relief area:   the guidelines are now in place. Michael will be the chair, and Lukas Frank will assist with Michael and will give the hotel ideas as to where to place the relief area, as for the audible device, checking prices.
Ginger is also part of this committee, she wrote up the guidelines. Committee will make sure that the garbage can is kept in the same exact place throughout the time of the convention.. Dan mentioned that it is emptied daily and there should not be an odor problem being most of the guests come in via the front doors.Trisha and Mike will be in contact with the staff if any problems are encountered and the staff will know to contact them in case anything occurs. The accessibility resolution was tabled until next month.
 Dusty’s law flyer please email Trisha with ideas for our own flyer, we could used the November 2012 press release as a template. It must answer who, what, when, where and how questions and have a contact persons phone number.
  Email the names of your local town papers as well as the contact person to Lester Cameron atunderdogmj at comcast.netor leave a message by phone at 908276 5015.
Cc Trisha atpatriciaebel0302 at comcast.netPlease make note of any special procedures that they may have for placing information in the local papers.AS it was stated before these fliers could be placed in many different locations.   We should try to bring the flyers in person. This is a social awareness campaign to educate others that our dogs are our eyes. Trisha asked Les to compile a list of places to send them off and will coordinate this effort together. Jack stated that the library where he works has a community table where fliers could be displayed. Upcoming Events:  Steve Rutch will be the chair of events and let all know of upcoming happenings that we can participate in.
Disability Awareness DayNew Jersey Vision WalkDan remarked that we need to study up on proper responses to questions from the general public. Joe remarked perhaps the flyer could include links that discuss the bill of Dusty’s law. Trisha will send out pertinent information to be looked over. Jerilyn was named chair of the Fundraising committee, please send her your great ideas, and her email isjdhiggins3 at verizon.net;
Remember to always CC Trisha as well.Steve suggested t-shirts for fundraising and will send that information to Trisha himself. Joe maybe a walkathon with pledges per mile or donation canisters we could make money without spending any. Dan remarked we could write to corporations like ShopRite or Pet Smart.  Spaghetti dinners are another possibility that we all can do and have them held across different NJ regions on the same night and we can attract people and also spread awareness. Washington Seminar:  Joe asked for all to remember to write their letters.
 First timer scholarship program was discussed. Trisha stated that she could assist someone in their letter development.
 Respecting family time:  Please respect each other and limit your phone calls and be patient.
 NovemberElections
All officer positions are open except the seat for board member. New Business
National Convention
State Convention:  NJAGDU will be the host division.
We will have a social dinner on Thursday night; Friday nightmaybe we could have a Q &A game show event, to spread awareness of NJAGDU.
Old Business Dan’s previous Guide Marla passed away due to cancer; he has a new guide named Maddy now.
 Constitution:  We will be reviewing and making changes in the near future.
  Round the phone:   Les mentioned the free ACVO Service Animal Eye Exam Program and will send the information to post to the membership. He also mentions his efforts at turning over a new leaf within the division so that it would be clear that he wants to make the division the best that it can be?  Les remarked just give me a chance to show you what I can do.
 Adjournment: Lydia made a motion, Les seconded it and all was in favor at 8:08 pm.
 Agenda Date: Thursday, April 23, 2015Time: 7:00 PMCall: 1 712 432 0180Code: 460994 Call to order
Roll Call
Minutes
Treasury Report
New flyers update
Upcoming Events to spread Awareness
Fundraising ideas
 NAGDU app
 New Business
Statement  from the division president.Kathy Rawa has resigned from all memberships in the NFB and the NFBNJ due to health issues.She made this known during a state board conference call conducted on Monday, April 6, with other invited leaders in the NFBNJ.  Joe Ruffalo and all wish her good health. Old Business Around the phone
 Adjournment
    Respectfully submitted, Alice Eaddy, Secretary                                  Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
Old School Yearbook Pics
View Class Yearbooks Online Free. Search by School & Year. Look Now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3231/5536ef3e5baa76f3e225bst02duc