[Njagdu] NFBNJ NJAGDUS June Minutes and July Agenda

Alice cheiro_alice at aol.com
Wed Jul 22 01:36:32 UTC 2015

Hello All NJAGDU member and participants.
On Monday, July 27th at 7 pm we will be having our monthly meeting. Below you will find the minutes from our June call: please take a few minutes out to read over them. After that you will find the agenda.
The call number is (712)432-0180 and code is: 460994 pound.
Please respond to this email with your availability to Alice at cheiro_alice at aol.com by Friday, July 24th.  it is greatly appreciated. Please note the following: This meeting will run longer than the usual meeting, (2 hours) to allow time for our guest speaker, there will mot be a meeting in August.
***
New Jersey Association of Guide Dog Users

 June 18, 2015

    1.       Roll Call
  Trish Ebel. NFBNJ NJAGDU President
Alice Eaddy, Secretary
Anna DeSantis, Board member
Joe Ruffalo, President
Jerilyn Higgins
Les Cameron
Lynn Reynolds
Joe Braz
Pat McKenna
Jack Truehaft
John Luland
Lydia Keller
Jerilyn Higgins
Sue Tillet
Pat McKenna
Dan Fachini
2.       Call to order the meeting was called to order at 7:05 p.m. Trisha
3.       The minutes were sent out by Alice: Les moved to accept the minutes as read Jerilyn seconded. All in favor, motion carried.
4.        Lyn provided the treasures report: the ending balance as of April 30 $635. There was a $100 Bell donation leaving a balance of $535. Jerilyn moved to accept and I, Anna seconded. The motion carried unanimously.
5.       Trish mentioned having a guest speaker in July who will discuss control issues. We have a 2hr time slot that it can include Q&A in general answers not school specific. Send questions in advance to Trisha. Dan said it would be cool to hear about training at different schools. Pat will send Trisha contact information for Leader Dog.
6.       Financial assistance with dog food. Trisha stated that every store offers special offers or coupons. Petco online anything over $50 free shipping. PetFoodDirect.com offers prescription based foods. PetMed has approved medications that are the same as the vet at up to 50% less any orders over $49 you get free shipping.
7.       PetSmart  fundraiser initiatives are postponed due to litigation related to inaccessible website
8.       National convention- Four members are attending; dog food orders are available she will post it on the list.
9.       Useful tips for our dogs were skipped
10.   New Business
When you bring your dog to the vet ask for a discount for service dogs or seniors. Dan suggested getting animal medical plan; he had good experiences at Banfields Pet Hospital which is associated with PetSmart. Joe Braz mentioned Oradell Animal Hospital in Paramus, NJ. It was stated always look at your bill before paying. Trisha it would not be out of line to ask that they over the bill with you.
B. PetNeds-1800 –PetMeds if you call them they will call your vet for approval. Jerilyn said most products that we use on our dogs can be purchased for less on Amazon.com i.e. frontline, PetArmor, K9 Advantix and the like. Anna said that Advantix is dangerous for cats though.
C. Puppy raisers will be tabled until September maybe we can have them on to talk. The Seeing Eye has a video about their dogs at the airport perhaps I can email a link to the membership. Les asked how many cases of dog flu we have had in NJ; it’s rampant in GA. Dan do vets have to report different things like rabies? Pat McKenna some dog vaccinations are optional vs. the must haves but do ask about their side effects which can occur in 1 out of 100 cases. Trisha
Old Business  A.  Dusty’s flyers, any constitutional questions will be address after Convention. We will review it again by August. All agree or disagree, no negative responses were noted. So be it. Marion Gwizdala, NAGDU President has submitted recommended changes. Maybe be on our July call
11.   Around the room the next meeting is Monday, July 27 at 7 pm.
12.   Adjournment Anna made a motion to adjourn, Les seconded and all were in favor at 7:50 pm.
Respectfully submitted,
 Alice Eaddy, Secretary
****

NFBNJ NJAGDU July Agenda
1.         Call to order-Trisha
2.          Roll call-Alice
3.          Minutes-Alice
4.          Treasury report-Lynn
5.        Guest speaker- Douglas boule, manager from Seeing eye
6.        Dog fest update trisha
7.          State convention- trisha, Jerilyn )fundraising committee)  a.  who is attending B.    Very quick update on dog relief area-Michael  c.  snacks we are selling D. very quick over view of our NJAGDU activities for Friday evening.
8.          New Business- open
9.          Old business-Trisha
10.      Adjournment