[Njagdu] Updated Information requested

Patricia Ebel patriciaebel0302 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 4 12:57:40 UTC 2015

Hello  to all members of the NJAGDU and those that are planning to join the
division.

If you have forwarded your info to me, thanks so much, I appreciate it!!!

If you haven't forwarded your contact info to me, please do so.

This information is needed in order to assign duties and responsibilities to
the membership.

We need this info as the first step before we can discuss further steps.

Kindly follow the format below.

Name:

address:

Home:

Cell:

email:

Name of Guide Dog School:

Name of Guide:

County:

Dues are to be mailed via Check in the amount of $5  to:

Lynn Reynolds

3504 Cricket Circle

Edison, NJ 08820

***Be sure to

Make check payable toNJAGDU

In the memo, 2015  dues

Your cooperation is grately appreciated.

Cordially yours,

Trisha Ebel

org)
Subject: Revised Minutes and agenda for Feb. 23 NJAGDU meeting

Hello Everyone,

Below you will find revised minutes and an add on to our agenda.

Thank you all for your  patience and understanding.

******

Please be sure to read the minutes before Monday's meeting and please
respond to me if you did not already  so I know if you will be making the
meeting!

You will find our agenda below the minutes.

Thanks.

Trisha, President

NJAGDU

Reminder: Monday, February 23, 2015

Time: 7:00 PM

Call: 1 712 432 0180

Code: 460994

National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey New Jersey Association of
Guide Dog Users

Next Step Conference Call

February 12. 2015

The meeting was called to order at 8:19 PM There was a problem with the
conference call line.

Roll Call:

Trish Ebel, NFBNJ NJAGDU President

Alice Eaddy, Secretary

 Lynn Reynolds, Treasurer

 Anna DeSantis, Board member

Joe Ruffalo, NFBNJ President

Ginger Kutsch

Angela Perone

Les Cameron

Kathy Rawa

Lydia Keller

Dan Facchini

Michael Halm

Joe Braz

 Jerilyn  Higgins

 Ryan Stevens, NFBNJ Parliamentarian

2. Call to order by President Trish Ebel at 8:19 PM.

Thank you for making the call and I would greatly   appreciate it  that

from this day forward for you to please  RSVP to the email if you will or
will not attend.

Trish turned the meeting over to Mr. Ruffalo who offered background, purpose
and the goal of this call. He thanked Vincent for establishing this
division, generating the resolution in 2009 that led to Dusty's Law. Now we
need to move on, take a deep breath and look to move onto the next step.

The agenda follows:

1. Review of the constitution:   has everyone received it and read it?  Are

there any questions? I have received possible changes but will put
amendments on hold in favor of working on a project to get us back to
working as a team.

2. Discussion of the constitution:   I (Joe Ruffalo) have spoken with Marion

Gwizdala, NAGDU President for his points of interest in this matter. Ryan:

A member of a division may present an amendment to its constitution at any
scheduled meeting.  The amendment would be read and discussed at that
meeting, then put aside.  The amendment would then be read again at the next
scheduled meeting and voted on at that time.  A two thirds majority of the
members present and voting would be required for the amendment to become
part of the division's constitution.  It would also need to be reviewed by
the Board of Directors of NFB of New Jersey to ensure it does not contradict
anything in the affiliate constitution or the national organization's
constitution.

3. Next step:   Mr. Ruffalo proposed that we spend time on a project

suggested by Trish:   we can begin by making others aware of Dusty's Law.

She would like us to send to her the following: our name, guide dog school
we attended and  guide dogs name  Also think about finding out  location of
pet care stores in our respective counties, animal shelters, veterinarians'

and the like to develop a database so these will be the first places that we
contact. Things to be determined are:

A. contact list

B. verbiage for a poster to advertise

C. animal control and police stations.

Tara could then develop a press release. Ryan we could ask coworkers about
their veterinarians' and where they shop for their pet needs. Trish some
vets now have portals on the net and can send notices out on their
portals.so we need a poster to let them help to spread awareness.

Ginger:   Seeing Eye has a double sided poster that went out to graduates in

October that could be directed towards animal control and the police. She
can send it to the listserv as a descriptive word file and PDF.

Trish:  I would like to gather up  all names of each members guide dog
school so we can begin inviting  a staff member to our meetings in the

future and have them  do short and   different types of  presentations on

all different topics.

Trish:   I plan to increase membership and grow and to do so we must be

friendly and get along as well as work together as a team.

Joe:   we want to raise our division commitment level and in the fall

discuss constitutional issues.

As we move forward:    Marion Gwizdala, the NAGDU President will be invited

on our calls to provide leadership and guidance.

The leadership meetings would be an agenda item; for the next few months
Trish should be on those calls. Leadership members are Presidents, chairs
suggested by state affiliate president etc.

Discussion followed regarding attendance on leadership calls vs. board
calls. Joe will again seek further clarification.

4. Monthly conference call:  We will conduct our  meeting each month at
least for the next few months an then decide if we still want to continue on
a monthly basis or do the calls every other month etc.

  Next call will be Monday, February 23 at 7:00 pm. It was suggested that I,

(Alice) Fwd. minutes to Trish and Cc him so that Trish could add the agenda
and Fwd to paid membership.

Also, for future calls all minutes will be sent out 10 days prior to the
meeting and a reminder message to our division two days prior in the future.

5. Transfer of banking signature cards:

Lynn provided a Treasurer's Report: the ending balance as of November 30

$505.A deposit of $70 dues and a $5 donation; this past week $20 more dues

giving a total of $600.

Trish moved for a motion to accept the treasurer's report, seconded by Lydia

and approved unanimously.

Accounting procedures were discussed. Joe will decide who will host the

state convention; perhaps our division could host and be in charge of a

project to promote the posters.

Trish fundraising ideas: Joe a division could host the horserace now "dog

race" to promote the division. He stated I am pro-dog, pro rights of the

people and the responsibility of handlers is key. Ginger, I have concerns

about the relief area:   Will it be in the same location, a draft was made

regarding these concerns after last year's state convention and it can be

used by hotel staff in order to keep the confusion and miscommunication on

this topic to a minimum. The guidelines were drafted for our NFB convention
planners to refer to when selecting a convention site as well as when
instructing hotel staff on relief area requirements. Ideally, a member of
NJAGDU who is a guide dog handler will be appointed to serve as NJADGU's
guide dog relief area rep on the convention committee. The rep will ensure
that the relief area guidelines are followed so that all convention
participants with guide dogs will feel as welcome as other convention
participants. She also mentioned a representative (Lukas Frank)

could assist with this as well as, Mike and Les by doing a walk through at

the    hotel.

6. Joe managing the list serve:   Trish and Vincent are taking the steps to

list Trish as moderator instructions on how to join and access will be

provided. We will need ideas so let's roll up our sleeves!

Any more comments?

Trish said thank you all that are interested in making a difference and just

give me a chance to show that we all are on the same side.

Joe:  We need to move forward as we draw new members and will follow
Marion's

idea of no discussions on the amendments until a future date to be

determined later.

7. Anna moved to adjourn, seconded by Kathy. It passed unanimously. The

meeting adjourned at 9:27pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Alice Eaddy, Secretary

Agenda

1.        Called to order

2.         Roll call

3.       Minutes:  Alice

4.         Treasury report:  Lynn

                          A.  becoming a member

b. dues Policies

5.        Guide dog relief recommendations:  all

6.         Dusty's flyer:  all

7.         Washington Seminar:  Joe

8.       Leadership call Update:  Trisha

9.         New Business

a. Guide Dog Update in Arizona:

Trisha and Joe

B.  Accessibility:  all