[Njtechdiv] Need help with Outlook

Mario Brusco mrb620 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 16 14:43:22 UTC 2014

Brian,Transferring your Outlook contacts is a two step process:

1. Export your contacts to a .PST file.
2. Import the .PST file into the new program.

* Export your Contacts: Outlook 2007

1. From the File menu, click Import and Export.
2. When the "Import and Export Wizard" panel opens, select "Export to a
 file" and click the Next button.
3. The "Export to a File" panel will open. Select "Personal Folder File
(.pst)" and click Next.
4. From the folder list, select the "Contacts" folder, and then click Next.
5. Select your desktop or some other easily accessible location to save your
.PST file.
6. Click the Finish button.

* Import your Contacts: Outlook 2013

1. Click "File," select Open, and click Import/Export.
2. The "Import and Export Wizard" panel will open. Select "Import from
another file or program" and click Next.
3. The "Import a File" panel will open. Select "Outlook Data File (.pst)"
and click Next.
4. The "Import Outlook Date File" panel will open. Browse to the location
where you saved the exported .PST file.
There are three check boxes beneath the browse button. What you select here
will be based on your needs. If your contacts list is currently empty it
does not matter which check box you select.
Click Next.
5. Select the "Contacts" folder as the destination. Click Next.
6. Click Finish.

Now you can check if the contacts are available in Outlook 2013. If you have
problems or something is not quite right, post the issue.