[Njtechdiv] baffling issue with firefox.

ken lawrence kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Tue Nov 25 20:46:35 UTC 2014

Hi list ken with a toughy.  about two weeks ago while the computer an avg link came up asking me if I wanted something.  I hit decline and thought that was that.  well went to eat dinner a little while later and when I came back to the computer, surprise!  AVG had installed secure search anyway the finish button was up.  it had reset my browsers to AVG secure search.  well after a battle and a little help from toolbar cleaner, got rid of that toolbar.  also set up the computer to prevent a program from suggesting a default change again. but I still can’t reset firefox to it’s default start page.  the AVG secure search field is still there even after uninstalling and reinstalling firefox.  I can’t even change settings in firefox itself.  the alt key doesn’t respond.  if I press alt plus t it thinks I just pressed t by itslef and search suggestions come up target ETC.  the alt key isn’t allowing to bring up options tools and so on.  how do I without sighted help get to firefox’s menu to restore it to default.  the context menue with the applications key brings up menues for webvisum and so forth.  any ideas?  got all the other browsers back to what they should be accept firefox.