[Njtechdiv] baffling facebook issue.

ken lawrence kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Fri Oct 3 15:39:41 UTC 2014

Hi sorry for the cross posting.  but something is concerning me about some pages and some friends on facebook.  there are friends where I see no field to write on their timeline.  today for example when in notifications had two birthdays.  it showed me one field for one of them where it says write on their timeline but not the other.  when clicking the other friends link there was no field showing to post to their timeline.  I had to wish happy birthday by commenting on another birthday wish.  have several friends like this.  on the pages front there are several pages that aren’t wikkopedia topics pages that are official that I can’t post too, like, or comment on anything.  the two best examples are singer Jody watley and NJ rock station WDHA.  I know only that I could do it once then one day not.  even though I clearly like the page.  if I was blocked by that page I wouldn’t like it any more right.  so either it’s a setting on my end or a setting on theirs.  I have a picture on my profile so that isn’t it.  is there any way for me to find out why out of 100000 plus fans, only the blind one named ken lawrence can’t seem to comment on jody watley’s page can’t even like something she pposts. there is no message field on her page or on WDHA’s and even if there was since it’s more than likely they know nothing about screen readers and likely will think browser when screen readers are mentioned and since some sighted people think we use speech recognition software to access the web there is no way to contact them to find out what if anything is different about my profile.  I can read to my heart’s content.  I have sometimes noticed a posting field on jody[‘s page but have no way of knowing the item is actually posting.  I don’t see it there and sometimes get a, The page you requested can’t be viewed error.  when I go back to previous page my post is still there in the field.  have already tried to unlike then like the page in jody watley’s case three times.  I can’t believe jody watley would intentionally bann blind people from her page Huh?  does anyone have a solution on either the tech time or NJ tech devision list?