[Njtechdiv] {Disarmed} Fwd: Freedom Scientific News

Janie Degenshein jdegen16 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 26 21:02:18 UTC 2015

thanks for posting this to our list
woo hoo
all good!

From: Kevin via Njtechdiv
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 3:23 PM
To: New Jersey Technology Division List
Subject: [Njtechdiv] {Disarmed} Fwd: Freedom Scientific News

-------- Forwarded Message -------- Subject:  Freedom Scientific News
      Date:  Mon, 26 Jan 2015 15:05:44 -0500 (EST)
      From:  Freedom Scientific News mailto:freedomscientificnews at freedomscientific.com
      To:  kevinsisco61784 at gmail.com

      Empowering Independence™
      Freedom Scientific News
      Happy New Year! We are looking forward to spending 2015 with you supporting your assistive technology needs.

      JAWS 20th Anniversary
      JAWS® is turning 20 years old this year! To celebrate this anniversary, we are collecting videos from you, our extended JAWS family. Whether you have been using JAWS since the beginning, or have just been introduced, we invite you to become a part of the celebration by sharing your unique story by submitting a brief video taken with your smartphone or video camera.

      We released JAWS 16 in October. We released the first automatic update in December, followed by a second update on January 26. Check out the changes or download the latest version.

      JAWS 90-day License
      In December we released an exciting new way for agencies and corporations to purchase JAWS: the JAWS 90-day License. The 90-day License was created for organizations to satisfy a short-term need to test the accessibility of their web pages or their applications under development. Job placement agencies can use the 90-day License to test specific applications at job sites and start new employees on JAWS right away.

      Pricing in the U.S. for the JAWS 90-day License is $179.00. Outside the U.S., customers should contact their local JAWS Distributor for pricing and availability. For more information, visit the Freedom Scientific news page.

      MAGic 13 Public Beta 4
      There have been more improvements made to MAGic® 13, so a fourth public beta was released in December. MAGic 13 includes support for Windows® 8.1; Text Viewer, a feature that normalizes difficult text across the top or bottom of your screen; new magnification levels, especially more incremental levels between 2x and 4x; and Nuance® Vocalizer™ Expressive Synthesizer support.

      Remember to visit the MAGic Headquarters page, where you can find all of the latest MAGic information and resources.

      Come See Us at ATIA and CSUN
      We hope to see you at the upcoming ATIA and CSUN conferences. ATIA will take place in Orlando from January 28-31. CSUN is in San Diego, with exhibits and sessions from March 4-6. We have many exciting workshops, plus the introduction of a new low vision product you won't want to miss! Stop by our booth to register for your chance to win one of several prizes, including the Ultimate Training Bundle — including an HP Stream 13 Laptop, DAISY Player, 90-day JAWS License, and over 50 hours of training on an SD card. Check out our CSUN page for more information.

      Enhanced Color Mode in TOPAZ
      Sometimes you need more color. For those times, use the Enhanced Color mode available in all TOPAZ® models.

      TOPAZ comes with five pre-set color combinations: full color, black on white, white on black, yellow on blue, and yellow on black. These serve most needs. But there are 28 more color combinations available through the Settings Configuration. One of these is especially useful: Enhanced Color, or High Color mode.

      Read more about how to select and use Enhanced Color mode.

      Training Department News
      You can attend a wide variety of free webinars in the next few months, along with some paid webinars and hands-on workshops. The popular Web Page Testing with JAWS hands-on workshop is scheduled in Orlando, Los Angeles, and Dallas. In addition to these cities, hands-on workshops will be held in Seattle, Charlotte, Chicago, Boston, New York, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, and Denver in the coming year. We encourage you to try our webinars and workshops. What an easy way to learn about our products and assistive technology in general!

      Find out more about our webinars and hands-on workshops in your area.

      FSCast
      Our FSCast features news, interviews, and product demonstrations. Hosted by Jonathan Mosen, each episode is a mixture of learning and entertainment. All episodes are archived, and you can download and listen at any time. In the December episode 101, we discuss the 20th anniversary of JAWS for Windows, the Braille selection feature, and Windows tablets running JAWS 16 and iTunes 12 with JAWS. The January episode 102 has just been posted. It includes information about our JAWS 20th Anniversary video project, events at the upcoming ATIA and CSUN conferences, information from Bryan Carver about our Technical Support process, and an interview with Kelly Ford, who tells us about the Microsoft Accessibility Answer Desk, available toll free in a growing number of countries.

      Go to our FSCast page to hear these and other podcasts.

      Freedom Scientific's Mission
      To develop, manufacture, and market technology-based products that provide equal access to information and computing for those with vision impairments or learning disabilities.

      JAWS Home    Blindness Products    Low Vision Products    Find a Dealer
      11800 31st Court North, St. Petersburg, FL 33716-1805, Phone: 800-444-4443, www.freedomscientific.com
      ©2015 Freedom Scientific, Inc. All rights reserved.

      Freedom Scientific adheres to a very strict privacy policy. We will never sell, share or rent your email address
      or other information. Visit us online to learn more about how we use your information.

            Forward email

            This email was sent to kevinsisco61784 at gmail.com by freedomscientificnews at freedomscientific.com |
            Update Profile/Email Address | Rapid removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy.

            Freedom Scientific | 11800 31st Court North | Saint Petersburg | FL | 33716-1805

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Njtechdiv:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/njtechdiv_nfbnet.org/jdegen16%40comcast.net
Keep Smiling,
Janie Degenshein
"Happiness isn't having what you want, but wanting what you already have"
Facilitator of ECHO
(Eyes Closed Hearts Open)
President, National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey Senior Division
President National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey Technology Division
Co-host of OTBS On The Bright Side
www.thruoureyes.org/brightside.html
jdegen16 at outlook.com