[Njtechdiv] how to send seminar emails without office

ken lawrence kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Thu Mar 12 18:11:27 UTC 2015

Hi NJ tech devision.  have a problem.  as most of you know we are asked to email our congresssional representitives/senators on the washington seminar issues.  I have bryan’s/joe’s email here in my inbox.  the problem is I’m going to have to really go the long way around.  when my sister bought this computer for me in 2011, she assumed that well office is part of it and it is installed already so that was that.  what she didn’t obviously know was office must be bought or at least activated.  so if I were to click an atachment for example such as what is in this email I’ll then be prompted with a please give your activation number.  now if the product is preinstalled the computer manufacturer would likely have included it in the packaging and or documentation of the computer but of course as mentioned my sister wouldn’t have thought to look for it.  for the same reason the computer came preinstalled with norton antivirus which as we know is more or less inaccessible to screen readers.  you couldn’t even uninstall it until Jaws had the OCR features in it.  that was how I was finally able to do it maybe a year after or two years even after the computer was bought.  so here is my question.  how do I get these emails properly edited and sent without going the long way of copying and pasting to say notepad and going back and forth between this email and there and thusly make an all day project our of something fairly simple.  also how can I posibly find out what key should and could activate office and perhaps since it’s somewhat outdated how do I get it so that office can be brought up to date.  this email is worthless if I ca’t follow up on it.  special attention jane,  tell me about this jart you mentioned previously.  given the article in the november monitor called what is the cost of a free product and it’s talking about the problem of blind people being asked to accept a product that is almost as good as... something like open office which some say is almost as good as office, is jart as good?  is it equal too office?  we are after all trying to achieve equality for the blind Huh?  accepting something that is almost as good won’t cut it especially in this situation.