[Njtechdiv] obtaining addresses from links

Mario Brusco mrb620 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 22 21:59:59 UTC 2016

ok, thanks for trying.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Frankel, Lois E via Njtechdiv [mailto:njtechdiv at nfbnet.org]
Sent: Thursday, Dec 22, 2016 4:00 PM EST
To: New Jersey Technology Division List <njtechdiv at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Frankel, Lois E <lfrankel at ETS.ORG>
Subject: [Njtechdiv] obtaining addresses from links

Mario,
The behavior you describe is consistent with the browser "thinking" that
you are clicking where there is no link, e.g., on a blank area of the
page. If that is what is going on, then I would expect a left-click or
other means of following the link to fail similarly. If you can
successfully follow the link, even if all you really want to do is
record its URL, you could follow it, then navigate to the address bar
and copy it from there. Maybe there's some sort of focus-problem with
the screen readers. Since I'm not a full-time screen reader user (I'm
sighted and use them only for testing) nor a web developer, I don't have
any more concrete ideas on the potential cause of the problem.
Lois