[Njtechdiv] windows up dates

Mario mrb620 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 15 19:43:20 UTC 2016

I don't know what the steps are for Windows 10, but for Windows 7:

tab to and spacebar on check for updates.
wait a while. the process can take up to 1 or more hours, depending on
the number of updates, their importance, size, etc.
when the process is done, you should find an important updates or an
optional updates link.
if you wish, you can press the space bar on either to get a list, where
you can press the spacebar to unchecked the updates you do not want, or
press the spacebar to check the ones you want.
tab over to and spacebar on the OK button.
if you are satisfied with your choices, tab over to and spacebar on the
install button, and wait while the selected updates are downloaded and
installed.
you may need to restart the computer to complete the installation
process for some updates. you will be notified if it is necessary.

I do recommend that all of the important updates be installed.
none of the optional updates are necessary unless there is a specific
need. they might be eventually installed by the important updates as
necessary. but don't you mess with them.