[Njtechdiv] A Victor Reader Stream Question.

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Fri Dec 22 15:52:08 UTC 2017

Hello All,

I’m writing to ask if anyone can tell me how to get the battery out of my Victor Reader Stream. I have an older VRS (about 5 years old) that I dedicate for recording music lessons. Yesterday it started acting strange, first it wasn’t powering up so I charged it. Then it would power on and tell me to wait, but within a second or so it would just stop talking. In the past I’ve noticed it would act weird if the cover to the battery compartment wasn’t situated just so. I tried re-placing the cover on, but again it did not correct. Now, I’m trying to lift the battery out but can’t get it out. I hesitate in smacking the unit against my hand since I don’t want to cause any additional problems.

Any suggestions on how to get the battery to release? I seem to remember it being simple, but a bit of a trick or certain way to pluck it out.

Thanks in advance to any suggestions.

Eileen