[Njtechdiv] stop JAWS from announcing headers

Mario Brusco mrb620 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 2 15:26:58 UTC 2017

using Excel 2010, I have set JAWS to announce column and row headers as
I navigate a spreadsheet to facilitate in creating a record of an
ongoing issue. the problem I experience now when creating another
spreadsheet for something else, JAWS announces the column and row
headers, even though I haven't set JAWS to do so. quite confusing! how
do I get JAWS to stop this.

there must be a keystroke to affectively tell JAWS to unset the
announcement of column and row headers in a spreadsheet.