[Njtechdiv] App Examine Clothes Color

Janie Degenshein jdegen16 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 21 19:14:33 UTC 2017

Thanks for this helpful app friend
That is what this list is for

From: Tracy Carcione via Njtechdiv
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 12:55 PM
To: 'New Jersey Technology Division List' ; 'Discussion of accessible home
electronics and appliances'
Cc: Tracy Carcione
Subject: [Njtechdiv] App Examine Clothes Color

I’ve found a somewhat useful iPhone app for clothes color, called Examine
Clothes Color.  It’s similar to the Identifi app, but made specifically for
clothes.  It says the clothes background color, other dominant colors, and
then it tries to identify the pattern, though it only has a few choices:
vertical stripes, horizontal stripes, checked, or other.  So, it identifies
the skirt I’m wearing as light grey with dark green vertical stripes.  But,
if I’m wearing a black skirt with multi-colored flowers, it would say
something like black background, green and red, other pattern.It’s not
perfect, but it does a better job than other apps I’ve tried.  And it’s
free, so it’s easy to try.

http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/njtechdiv_nfbnet.org/jdegen16%40comcast.net