[Njtechdiv] a reminder.

ken lawrence kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Sun Mar 19 18:09:53 UTC 2017

Hi tech devision members.  a reminder that the out of sight chat community is switching over to the teamtalk server as of tomorrow.  if you go to visit out of sight all the information is at the top of the page.  when you sign up for out of sight you will get an email that will contain instructions on how to install and set up the teamtalk client.  then you will also get what is called a TT file.  this file will likely be attached to that email and you would download it and place it on your desktop.  this way you won’t have to go to the out of sight site and then go into a locater.  with the TT file your user name and password are imbedded in that file and all the rooms are in that chat client.  so go to www.out-of-sight.net and sign up.  and if you are going to sign up for games galore and more you will likely need that team talk client to since they are also considering leaving talking communities.  that GGM’s contract with talking communities is up through july.  so you might get a head start and download the teamtalk client.  I’m really looking forward to the switchover because team talk is like skype in terms of quality.  even five of the rooms on out of sight are in stereo.  also this means that the out of sight theater that runs discriptive movies is changing.  the talking communities client has a minny browser built in and when you went into the theater before, the movie for the week would automaticly start.  now the new theater room will be handled on out of sight directly as will the library room.  this information will be in the daily announcement emails so when you do sign up to out of sight, be sure to subscribe to the daily announcements and to the chat list.  so all you tech div members sign up to out of sight for weekly tech talk, the sunday iphone lessons. and all the daily games including my three game chats on monday, wednesday and thursday afternoons at 2:00.  I may also host a regular music show in one of the MP3 rooms if I can troubleshoot a few things on my end.  the site again is www.out-of-sight.net.