[Njtechdiv] Braille Displays

Andy guitarwizandy at optonline.net
Tue Nov 14 21:49:47 UTC 2017

Most displays are pretty similar in terms of how the Braille feels, since the underlying technology hasn't changed in many years.

The portability is a harder question to answer, since that depends entirely on how much Braille you want.  A 40-cell (or less) display is quite portable and can easily be carried around in a backpack or worn around your neck with a strap.  If you're planning on doing a lot of reading, I wouldn't get anything smaller than a 32-cell display, since you'd need to refresh it very frequently to get the next line.  I have a Focus 40 Blue from Freedom Scientific, and it's a pretty good display: it's portable, has Bluetooth support, good battery life, feels good to type on, etc.  HumanWare generally makes good products; their displays are quality as well.