[Njtechdiv] Question Re Win Live Mail ...

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Fri Sep 15 21:48:59 UTC 2017

Hi All,

As of yesterday afternoon, something happened to my Windows Live Mail settings and I’m not sure how this might have happened. I’m hoping someone might be able to give me a few ideas as to what setting I should check out and where I will find them.

The issue is that I have several mail-boxes set up with Win Live Mail – There’s my in-box, a Hadley box, knitting group box, Junk, sent items, so on and so on. Previously when I’d launch the program it would open up placing focus in whatever mail box I had last left open when I closed out of Winmail. If when I was in the in-box and wanted to go look through messages in another box I would simply shift-tab, then use the up & down arrow to find whatever other folder/box I was looking to browse. Once found I would tab and presto I’d be in say knitting for example.

As of yesterday, this behavior stopped. Now, if I need to change folders/boxes when I shift tab it manages to get me onto the list of assorted boxes, but when I’m on the folder/box I next want to browse and I press the Tab key it will not open the list of messages. Instead focus is moved to a button that toggels between working on-line & off-line. The only way I actually get into the entire list is to close out win Live Mail and re-launch. Very frustrating!

So does anyone have any thought on what might have changed my settings? I swear I did not specifically change any thing intentionally, but that doesn’t mean that I didn’t make an accidental change without realizing it. I type pretty quickly and I know its bad but I shut Jaws up when it starts rambling on at me. Mi Culpa.

Thanks for any ideas.

Eileen