[Njtechdiv] Wireless connect doodad

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Mon Dec 24 16:51:39 UTC 2018

Tracy,

I have Verizon Fios, and about 2 years back they finally, finally came out with a text to speach feature which I think they and all providers were/are now obligated to offer customers. When I got it I think I remember having to upgrade the boxes, but even with that its not enough to get it up and working. In my system, there is an option under the menu under something like general & accessibility. Enabling that allows the TV to announce the channel number & name, program that’s airing and the time it starts & ends. The tech person that came to set it up for me really didn’t know what he was doing so I did have to insist that he keep looking for it. As for the Audio description feature, I still have to enable spanish under languages to get the AD. With the text to speach ability I can at least turn audio description on and off so if I choose to watch a movie that doesn’t have AD I can watch it in english.

It may well be that the Optimum tech guy just didn’t know what it was or how it should work. If you could have someone look through the options on the tv screen, you might find something that will turn ontext to speach. I think my sister has Optimum, I’ll try to pick my brother-in-laws brain tonight and see if he’s come across it in there set up.

Eileen