[Njtechdiv] Captcha

Mario Brusco mrb620 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 14 23:06:12 UTC 2018

once JAWS was unloaded, it worked fine using NVDA. but it's a bit
unusual how it works.
on the website for Josh Gottheimer, click on the contact link. then
towards the bottom, there's an edit field where you type your zip code
and another for the 4 digit postal code (if you don't know it, I'm not
sure if it is optional). now here's the unusual part. I unloaded JAWS
and loaded NVDA.
skip past the "I'm not a robot" check box and activate the submit
button. a window with a visual CAPTCHA is required with an offer to get
an audio challenge link/button. activate it and another window opens
where you can play it, and if you want to replay it, just press the
control key. I think, but I may be wrong, if you keep replaying the
audio challenge, you might be locked out from trying again. maybe after
5 times, I don't know. ..
type in what the audio challenge plays and activate the verify button.
if what you typed is correct, you will be returned to the beginning
where you can now check the "I'm not a robot" check box and activate the
submit button.
as I understand, from this point, you should not have to deal with a
CAPTCHA again until next time. but dealing with the CAPTCHA is not ideal
if you're hard of hearing spoken words or numbers. too bad the Web Visum
CAPTCHA solving extension for Firefox isn't compatible anymore, right Kevin?