[Njtechdiv] saying goodbye to an old friend Johnathan Mosen from fs cast

Janie Degenshein jdegen16 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 26 18:05:25 UTC 2018

Here is a blog I read and wanted to share with all of you:
      Saying good bye to an old friend…
      by Miguel Abdo

When someone is as well recognized and regarded as Jonathan Mosen, it is
hard to consider our company without his presence… his spirit, his informed
perspective, and of course, his unique voice and the way he gets others to
open up on our FScast interviews.

It’s true. Jonathan will be leaving us soon for a very exciting opportunity
within our industry. If we could have it any other way we would, but alas he
must move on.

Jonathan has been with Freedom Scientific for twelve years and made great
contributions to our company and industry. He started as the Product Manager
for Blindness Hardware, was a key voice in PAC Mate and the Focus braille
display but is most famous as “the voice of FScast,” and the master behind
our social media and blog postings.

Prior to Jonathan’s time with Freedom Scientific, he was a leader at other
companies and non-profit organizations in our industry and has always been a
strong advocate for blindness causes. But throughout all his contributions
and involvement, in many ways Jonathan is just a down-to earth guy you can
talk to about issues, ideas, or various topics, and always get a profound
perspective.

As one can imagine, replacing a unique individual like Jonathan is not easy,
and FScast, which he envisioned from the beginning, must live on. It may
take on a different personality but with over 150 episodes since the first
episode in December 2006, Jonathan’s indelible mark has been made.

Soon the news of Jonathan’s new destination will be made public, but for now
all of us at Freedom Scientific want to thank him for his tremendous
contributions to our company and our industry. Although we say goodbye and
part ways as co-workers, we are certain that our paths will continue to
cross, as Jonathan’s dedication to this industry and appreciation for our
technology will continue.

>From all of us at Freedom Scientific, good luck Jonathan, and thanks for
everything!

Miguel Abdo | September 26, 2018 at 12:50 pm | URL: https://wp.me/p94NCs-3w

Keep Smiling,
Janie Degenshein
Happiness isn't having what you want, but wanting what you already have!
Facilitator of ECHO (Eyes Closed Hearts Open)
state affiliate board member
President of the senior division of the National Federation of the Blind of
New Jersey
President of the Technology division of the National federation of the Blind
of New Jersey
NFBNJ Newsline co-ordinator
jdegen16 at comcast.net