[NJTechDiv] Saving an MP3 file in Firefox

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Dec 2 20:11:36 UTC 2019

I am trying to save an MP3 file from a link that opens the file in Firefox.

Specifically, it's the Seeing Eye holiday message.  There's a list of
messages from various years, and, when I choose this year's, it starts
playing.  I want to save it to listen to on my Victor Stream, where I can
stop it any time and pick up where I left off.

When I used to do this on Internet Explorer, it opened in Windows Media
Player, and I could pause playback find "save as" in the file menu, and save
it.  I don't see anything like that in the file menu Firefox has.

I tried opening the message in IE, but it played for about a second before
Windows Media Player failed.

Please advise how I can save this thing, rather than listening online.

Thanks.