[Njtechdiv] This book changed my life

PRAMIT BHARGAVA pramit.vision at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 12:37:09 UTC 2019

Hello friends,

I am Pramit. I am visually impaired (cannot read at all).

A while back I finished reading this great book by Erik Weihenmayer, a
blind mountaineer. Erik’s attitude towards life is so powerful and
motivating that it really shook me up that I could focus on bigger things
in life than getting trapped in the day to day nonsense.

The book’s title is “Touch the Top of the World: A Blind Man's Journey to
Climb Farther than the Eye Can See”, and its available on Audible.

Hence this led to a resolution that I will single mindedly go after my
passion to build better  tech solution which will work for me and in the
process, hopefully, will work for broader visually impaired community.

Divine forces have enabled me to put together a tech startup with an
equally motivated partner.

My interest in technology is due to it playing a pivotal role in keeping me
working independendly even as my vision kept dropping since 1999.

Amongst other things, I am a voracious reader (hearer of audiobooks), I
love meditating and I am also an experimental cook. I was lucky enough to
reverse my diabetes through significant lifestyle changes about 10 years
back. Sharing my learning and motivating others online is another interest
area. I do this strictly on a non-commercial basis. Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2knVCQE9_70

Thanks

Pramit