[NJTechDiv] Question On Setting Up Email.

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Wed Jul 17 20:21:01 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I am having trouble setting up the outgoing server for my email on my BrailleNote Touch Plus. I set up the in-coming server and am able to recieve & read email, but every time I attempt to send it fails and the out-going message always ends up in the out-box never having been sent.

My email is a bit different since it is an @verizon.net email that over a year ago was migrated to AOL. I know the migration went through and worked because on my Windows computer I am able to both send & recieve messages.

So far as I know my out-going server is an SMTP and the port is 465. >From what I both found on-line and had confirmed by Verizon the out-going server is SMTP.VERIZON.NET WHICH IS ALL STANDARD. However, it just does not work on my BrailleNote. I’ve tried sending with both authentication on & not on.

Does anyone have thoughts on what might be wrong with this? I’ve already called Humanware tech support and they have not been able to help me. Thanks for any suggestions on what I might try doing to fix the issue.

Eileen