[NJTechDiv] an amazon echo VS. a google home

ken lawrence kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Sun Jun 30 20:37:25 UTC 2019

Hi techies ken here.  A very dear friend of mine got an echo for Christmas and they couldn’t set it up and they returned it for a replacement and same issue.  I have explained to this friend that an echo must be given access to wyfi that unlike a laptop it has to be given access to a secure wify network by connecting it to a computer or an iPhone.  They now want to get her a google home.  I told her she’s going to have the same issue that like the echo an account must first be created and the google home must be set up at what ever location she is in.  she doesn’t have a computer or an iPhone so she can’t do this herself.  It was a Christmas gift too.  I also told her that she’s likely not going to be able to do the things with the home that the echo can do but didn’t myself know much about it.  I can certainly read about it but what I need is someone who has experience with a google home.  Does anyone on list have one and in brief can they fill me in on what you can and can’t do with the google home.  Is it as I suspect settling for less for this friend or is it perhaps better in some ways.  Both me and my friend denise have echoes and this friend of mine is also a former roommate of denise’s at matheny school  really want to help this friend out.  Thanks.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10