[Njtechdiv] question about a google home smart speaker.

ken lawrence kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Sun May 26 22:12:49 UTC 2019

Hi list have a friend that has a new echo and am having the devil of a time trying to show them that the echo must be set up in what ever place you are in and that it must be given access to wify. Can’t seem to explain that the reason why it seem not to work is that unlike a laptop you must connect an echo to the wify network with either a PC or an App.  Am also trying to explain that an echo can’t go from one place to another. If she goes to someones house with it the setup must run again.  Her mother isn’t very tech savvy Huh?  She has already sent one echo back for a new one which I have tried to tell her wasn’t necessary.  She told me her mother was thinking of getting a google home instead and she asked me what I know about that.  I suspect she’s going to have the same issues Huh?  Does anyone in division have a google home?  I’m guessing she won’t be able to do all the things with a google home that an echo or dot can do.  I don’t know if they work on the same principle of having abailable skills like the echo.  Anyone know anything about the google home?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10