[NJTechDiv] What Happened to Google Chrome?

Mario Brusco mrb620 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 14 19:51:47 UTC 2019

Here's how you disable it:

1. Open your Chrome browser then copy and paste this on your address bar:

chrome://flags/#account-consistency

2. Press Enter.

3. Your Chrome browser will now show a page displaying the "Identity
consistency between browser and cookie jar" setting.

4. On its drop-down box, change its setting to "Disabled."

for us blind users, down arrow to a combo box that might show that it's
set to the default status. press the spacebar to open it and press the
end key to choose the disabled status. press the tab key and press
alt+f4 to close Chrome and relaunch it.

5. Chrome will prompt you to relaunch the browser for the change to take
effect. Click on the "Relaunch Now" button to restart Chrome for the
changes to take effect.

if anyone is interested, the steps came from:
https://www.komando.com/happening-now/491447/google-is-forcing-you-to-sign-into-chrome-heres-how-to-stop-it