[NJTechDiv] Cast Your Votes Now for the AppleVis Golden Apples of 2020

Andy guitarwizandy at optonline.net
Mon Dec 7 15:11:40 UTC 2020

Hi all,
I thought people might find this useful.  This is a post from AppleVis.  Here's a link to the post, <https://www.applevis.com/blog/cast-your-votes-now-applevis-golden-apples-2020> but I've also pasted it below:

We are pleased to announce that voting for the AppleVis Golden Apple Awards of 2020 is now open.

First launched in 2012, the AppleVis Golden Apples is an opportunity for blind and low vision users of Apple products to recognize and acknowledge the hard work and dedication which developers have put into making and maintaining great and accessible applications over the last twelve months.

Past winners of a Golden Apple include Seeing AI, <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/utilities/seeing-ai> Dice World, <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games/dice-world-6-fun-games> Blackbox, <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games/blackbox> Voice Dream Reader, <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/education/voice-dream-reader> Timecrest, <http://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games/timecrest-door> and Audio Hijack. <http://rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/> (View the full list of previous Golden Apple winners here.) <https://www.applevis.com/golden-apples>
The 2020 AppleVis Golden Apples consist of awards for Best App and Best Game. To be eligible for consideration for the Golden Apple Awards of 2020, an app must:

Be fully accessible to blind and low vision users;
Have been launched or significantly updated during 2020;
Be from a developer with a strong, demonstrated commitment to full accessibility for all blind and low vision users; and
Be best-in-class in terms of design, functionality, and operation.
The Nominees
Below are the nominees for each award:

Best App
BARD Mobile <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/books/bard-mobile>
BlindSquare <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/navigation/blindsquare>
GoldWave <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/music/goldwave>
lire: RSS Reader <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/news/lire-rss-reader>
NetNewsWire: RSS Reader <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/news/netnewswire-rss-reader>
NFB-NEWSLINE® Mobile <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/news/nfb-newsline-mobile>
Speech Central: Voice Reader <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/productivity/speech-central-voice-reader>
Supersense - AI for Blind <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/productivity/supersense-ai-blind>
Voice: OCR Document Reader <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/productivity/voice-ocr-document-reader>
Weather Gods <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/weather/weather-gods>
Best Game
A Detective's Demise <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games/detectives-demise>
Blind Quest <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games/blind-quest>
Circus Master's Revenge <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games/circus-master-s-revenge>
Doing It Right <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games/doing-it-right>
Home Quest - Idle Adventure <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games/home-quest-idle-adventure> Knight Commander <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games/knight-commander>
Nicolas Eymerich - The Demon <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games/nicolas-eymerich-demon>
Untold RPG <https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games/untold-rpg>
Contest Rules and How to Cast Your Vote
AppleVis relies on the genuine votes of blind and low vision users to choose the Golden Apples. We ask that if you are not a blind or low vision user, or if you are employed by one of the developers whose apps are shortlisted, that you please not vote in the AppleVis Golden Apple Awards. Winning a Golden Apple is a tremendous honor, and we appreciate everyone following these rules to ensure that the voting is both fare and representative of the wishes of blind and low vision users.

Voting will close at 23:59 PDT on December 13, 2020. Voting in the AppleVis Golden Apples is open to all blind and low vision users who are not employed by any of the developers whose apps are shortlisted. One vote per person.

To vote in the AppleVis Golden Apples of 2020, you will need to be logged in to the AppleVis website; if you do not already have an account, you can create an account now <https://www.applevis.com/user/register>, then come back to this page to cast your votes. The voting form is at the end of this post, but it will only be displayed to logged in users.