[NJTechDiv] Weird EReader problem with er sign

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Dec 14 20:15:01 UTC 2020

I copied an old Bookshare book onto the SD card I use for the NLS EReader.
The book is way before UEB came out, as many still are.

The EReader is not recognizing any er signs.  Her becomes h, Butler becomes
Butl.

I think, in newer books, in computer braille, the er sign is ], and in some
older books, like mine, it's }, without the dot 7.  So I tried changing all
the one to the other, but the EReader still doesn't recognize it.  I tried
changing the braille profile from computer braille to contracted braille, US
Duxbury, but still no good.

Any ideas?  I'd like to read my silly Christmas romance!

If anyone wants a sample, I can send you the first page.  ER signs are very
common.