[NJTechDiv] Microsoft's New Edge browser

Mario Brusco mrb620 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 17 17:57:27 UTC 2020

Accessibility with the new Microsoft Edge.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4538354/microsoft-edge-new-accessibility

We’re excited to walk you through the accessibility enhancements we’ve
added to the new Microsoft Edge and show you how to use your screen
reader and keyboard to make sure that you’re using the very latest
version, so you can enjoy the smoothest possible browsing experience. If
you’ve used an older version of Microsoft Edge, you’ll notice that some
things have changed, but we’ve got you covered. Keep checking back on
this article to find out about new accessibility
features and more!

We’ve tested the instructions with Narrator, JAWS, and NVDA, but it
might work with other screen readers as long as they follow common
accessibility standards

visit the article for mor information.

to find out if you recieved the new Edge browser, the version number is
79. If 	you check for the version number and the screen reader reports
44, then it's then you did not recieve the newer Edge browser yet. You
can install it yourself but it is usually going to be pushed out to your
computer as a feature update, and it is recommended to wait for it.
There is a problem that Microsoft is aware of that prevents a screen
reader from accessing it's settings in attempt to make changes. The work
around is to disable UI Automation.

1. In Microsoft Edge, press F6 until you reach the address bar.
2. Type edge://flags and press Enter. The Experiments page will open,
with the focus in the Search flags field.
3. Type Native UI automation and press Enter.
4. Press Tab until you hear “Native UI automation,” followed by “Default.”
5. Press the spacebar to expand the menu. Press Down arrow until you
hear the desired value, and then press Enter. The possible values for
the feature
state are Default, Enabled, and Disabled.
6. To restart Microsoft Edge and apply the changes, press Tab until you
hear “Restart,” and press Enter.