[NJTechDiv] new stealth video magnifier

Mario Brusco mrb620 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 8 16:14:25 UTC 2020

IPEVO VZ-X Doc Cam: A Stealth Video Magnifier.
(https://www.afb.org/aw/21/2/16908)

Steve Kelley.

Some of us have been looking for alternatives to desktop video
magnifiers for years. They can be expensive, take up a lot of room on
your desk, and most models aren’t very portable. Many of us have
different tricks we’ve tried with our tablets, phones, Web cameras, and
computers to cobble together a video magnifier that is cheaper, more
portable, or more flexible, with somewhat limited success.

Without targeting the low vision video magnifier market per se, a
document camera manufacturer, IPEVO has developed a model, the VZ-X,
that looks like it was developed specifically for use as a low vision
device! Imagine for a moment a stand-mounted camera that weighs less
than 3 pounds, can connect to virtually any display, and has many of the
controls you’d expect to find on a video magnifier built right into the
stand.
if interested, visit the article address for mor information.