[NJTechDiv] how to order with amazon

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Jan 10 14:52:06 UTC 2021

I order from Amazon all the time, from smile.amazon.com, which is the same
as the main site, except with the charity donation.  I'm using Jaws and
Firefox.  NVDA works just as well.

I type f, and then tab to get to first the category combo box, then the
search field.

Once my search results come up, I use h to skip between headers, which is
the start of each item.  If I'm interested, I arrow down to see the price.

If I see something interesting, I hit enter on the link.  Once I'm in the
order page, 1 goes to the main heading, showing the price and any choices.
H goes to the various headers after that, like description or reviews.

Or, from header 1, going up a bit goes to the add to cart or buy with 1
click buttons.

Amazon's main site is full of stuff, but, using some of the screen reader
browsing keys, it's pretty easy to navigate.

I have tried the Amazon Access page, but I found it lacked some of the info
I wanted.

Tracy