[NJTechDiv] Fwd: Make the Most of Braille with JAWS with the Braillists Foundation, Tuesdays 26 January and 9 February at 7:30 PM

Mario Brusco mrb620 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 25 16:16:15 UTC 2021

just passing this along if anyone is interested:
Hello everyone,

Would you like to make the most of your refreshable braille display with
JAWS on Windows? Are you looking to learn more about how braille can be
used to make effective presentations? If so, the Braillists Foundation
can help!

This coming Tuesday (26 January), join us on Zoom at 7:30 PM in the UK
for a session entitled "Using Braille on Windows". You will find out how
to pair a windows PC with a braille display, which screen readers
support braille output and some tips and tricks for using braille output.

Then, on Tuesday 9 February, we have a session entitled "Using Braille
as a Presentation Tool", which will cover using a braille display with
Microsoft PowerPoint and Google Slides. We'll guide you through how
braille output works with these applications and the ways in which
braille output can enable you to deliver more effective presentations.

The sessions are completely free of charge, will last an hour (ending at
8:30 PM in the UK), and there will be plenty of time for questions. If
you'd like to join us, please register at:
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwoceivqz8rGtbEERfYGlXFSR2eIqx-oc9o
<https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwoceivqz8rGtbEERfYGlXFSR2eIqx-oc9o>

If this time isn't convenient for you, fear not: the session will be
recorded and made available at: https://www.braillists.org/media
<https://www.braillists.org/media>

It will also be published via our Braillecast podcast – simply search
for "Braillecast" in your podcast client of choice, or ask your smart
speaker to "play Braillecast". We are also available on the Victor
Reader range of DAISY players and the internet radios from British
Wireless for the Blind.

Registering for these sessions also entitles you to attend other
sessions in our Tuesday evening series, which are all led by experts in
their fields. For more information, please visit:
https://www.braillists.org/events <https://www.braillists.org/events>

If you have any questions about these sessions or are struggling to
register, please email help at braillists.org <mailto:help at braillists.org>

If you would prefer to attend by telephone, the Meeting ID is: 885 6175 4102

We very much look forward to welcoming you to a Braillists event soon –
and if you know someone else who's not on this list, but who might
nonetheless appreciate hearing about these sessions, please spread the word!

Best wishes,

Matthew Horspool

on behalf of the Braillists Foundation

Our Mission: more braille!

www.braillists.org <http://www.braillists.org>

Twitter: @braillists

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/braillistsfoundation
<https://www.facebook.com/braillistsfoundation>

Registered Charity in England and Wales, no. 1187244