[NJTechDiv] updating the ereader

Serena Cucco serena.c.cucco at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 19:14:57 UTC 2021

On Sun, Nov 28, 2021 at 1:55 PM Ken Lawrence via NJTechDiv <
njtechdiv at nfbnet.org> wrote:

>                 Hi NJ tech list my reader won’t connect tried and tried am
> sure I have the password correct to our network couldn’t connect no matter
> what I do.I’m pretty sure a software update will fix it is there any way to
> update the reader by downloading the update onto a computer and either move
> the update to the reader with it connected to the computer via usb or
> perhaps using a thumbdrive. I don’t want to send it back it works fine
> otherwise. I was one of the first to get one so am sure a firmware update
> will do the trick.  What I’m thinking is the update could be loaded into
> the book list and then you just auto scroll like you are reading something
> but what is happening is the update writes itself to the reader like the
> talking book players update. I can’t find via google a way to get the
> update from the Bard site. Any ideas.

> Windows

> NJTechDiv:
>
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/njtechdiv_nfbnet.org/serena.c.cucco%40gmail.com

Hi Ken, I have no idea how to download the update. Are you riding the
password and computerBraille? If you were accidentally writing in regular
uncontracted or contracted, the password won’t work. Good luck. Serena--
Sent from my iPhone, Please excuse any brevity or dictation errors