[NJTechDiv] an explaination of siri issue.

ken lawrence kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Fri Sep 24 15:19:40 UTC 2021

Hi tech division bad news and good news first the good news apple is aware of the issue and have received complaints and likely are working on the siri issue. Now the bad news is it may or may not be resolved. It’s like this apple as a privacy step has taken siri ofline. They siri is no longer on the internet. So it can no longer help you with whether or not you have voicemails or missed calls.  This is regardless of IOS version.  This was a privacy step taken by apple.  I explained how I thought this was self defeating I mean that’s why we use siri Huh?  If we miss an important call we should be able to know.  Everything else seems to work but I do notice that weather is funny the information doesn’t match right.  As if information isn’t updated. I would emagine emergency alerts and things are still going to come but we just can use siri for checking our voicemail or missed calls.  Don’t know when or if this will be fixed but hopefully enough squeeky wheels will fix this.  Sorry guys but you’ll just have to manually open your phone app from time to time I guess.  A bit of an overreach protecting privacy well intentioned perhaps but apple accessibility confirms it’s not you it’s everybody.

Sent from Mail for Windows