[NJTechDiv] connecting the reader

Ken Lawrence kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Sat May 28 14:56:50 UTC 2022

Hi list just now was fiddling around on my computer in Bluetooth and other divices in settings I want to connect my braille Ereader to the computer to see if maybe I can update it that way but for some reason the computer can’t seem to discover the device.  I accidentaly paired my computer to our sound system out in the livingroom by pairing it to a remo 4.2 and had to have my sister remove it.  Why doesn’t the computer see the NLS reader.  From time to time an unknown device pops up in the choices.  My Iphone can identify the reader and it is paired.  I even turned off the iPhone but the computer can’t see the reader.  Any idea on what I might be doing wrong?  Also if connected to the computer which of course is online would my reader be online if I paired it with the computer via Bluetooth and can I update the firmware that way?  There is no update on the bard site for the reader apparently.  I’m pretty sure an update will make it work so I can start to download books and read newsline on the reader.

Sent from Mail for Windows