[NJTechDiv] reader options

Ken Lawrence kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Wed Oct 19 14:25:55 UTC 2022

Hi tech division members, ken here.  Have found out that denise Lesko is a member of access link.  Am ready to go down there and help her with her braille. Just got off the phone with the tech center at NFB headquarters and told them about her hands issue.  Denise has small hands and it’s hard for her to feel the dot placements they suggested just in case she presses to hard on the NLS reader to maybe look into an orbit reader which unlike most braille displays including the NLS reader locks the dots up. If you press to hard the dots push down.  Does anyone know if in that event we can get a loner orbit reader.  Tech center and APH connect have given me options of reading materials to get. I’m looking at getting things onto my reader and if she knows enough braille maybe after getting her started we can get her a reader.

Sent from Mail for Windows