[NJTechDiv] unusual question

Ken Lawrence kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Sat Oct 29 16:33:36 UTC 2022

Hi tech division members have asked this before but didn’t get a reply. Or the division message got dumped into my bulk folder.  Have a question if I enable RTT/TTY functions on my Iphone and set up hardware TTY to work, does anyone know if a Bluetooth keyboard like the NLS reader would type back a reply to someone using a TTY?  I’m pretty sure that if I called my deaf/blind friend that way her messages would be read back since they would show on the iphone’s screen but would it go the other way me typing back to her, or does there have to be a regular TTY device connected with an adapter to the phone for it to work.  Also I do have the reader and the phone both set to contracted braille.  I know that the software based TTY doesn’t work when I tried it I think that depends on the carrier which in my case is Verizon.

Sent from Mail for Windows