[NJTechDiv] FW: [Electronics-Talk] The Week's News in Adaptive Technology

carcione at access.net carcione at access.net
Thu Aug 24 19:07:29 UTC 2023

Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday, August 24, 2023 - Volume 925 Top Tech Tidbits
for Thursday, August 24, 2023 - Volume 925 The Week's News in Adaptive
Technology https://toptechtidbits.com/ A Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd.
Publication https://mvsltd.com/ Top Tech Tidbits. The world's #1 online
resource for current news and trends in adaptive technology. Web Version:
Read this volume of Top Tech Tidbits online at:
https://toptechtidbits.com/tidbits2023/08242023/. Share: Share this volume
of Top Tech Tidbits on Facebook: http://bit.ly/sharetidbits925. Spam Filter:
You have received this email from Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. because you are
subscribed to receive the Top Tech Tidbits email newsletter. To ensure that
you continue to receive each issue of Top Tech Tidbits as it is released
please be sure to add the following email address to your Address Book,
Email Contact List, Trusted Sender's List, and/or Safe Sender's List today:
enews at toptechtidbits.com. Subscribers: 10,956 Opt-In Subscribers were sent
this issue via email. 183 Premium Subscribers were sent this issue via
email. This Week's Featured Advertisement: 4 Sponsorship Packages Currently
Available. Join Industry Leaders And Begin Reaching Over 10,000 Access
Technology Professionals, Educators and Enthusiasts, All Over The World,
Each Week. All While Supporting The Ongoing Distribution of Top Tech Tidbits
For Those Very Same Readers. Only $100 USD Per Month. While Packages Last.
This Issue Made Possible By Support From The Following Sponsors: Ongoing
Weekly Distribution Made Possible By Support From: A.T. Guys, GuideLights
And Gadgets, LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired Adaptations
Online Store, HumanWare, Freedom Scientific, Pneuma Solutions, Carroll
Center for the Blind, HIMS, Inc., Double Tap TV, Clusiv, Fable, Aira,
WayAround, The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc., Sterling Adaptives, LLC,
AYES.ai, Echobatix, Glidance, The Accessibility Guy and Wordvoyance. Dear
Rolando, Submit a Tidbit for free, with timing and placement determined by
our editors, here: https://toptechtidbits.com/submit-tidbit. Submit a
Sponsored Tidbit, with timing and placement determined by you, here:
https://toptechtidbits.com/submit-sponsored-tidbit. 1) Top 5 Most Clicked
Tidbits From Last Week 🎙 Listen to the podcast. A.) Duxbury Braille
Translator: DBT 12.7 for the Mac is Now Shipping Duxbury Systems leads the
world in software for braille. The Duxbury Braille Translator (DBT) is used
by virtually all of the world's leading braille publishers. No one supports
more languages than Duxbury Systems. DBT supports over 180 languages in
either uncontracted or contracted (when such rules exist) braille. Their
software can produce contracted and uncontracted literary, mathematic, and
technical braille: https://www.duxburysystems.com/ B.) Yes, iOS 17 Is
Changing Where The 'End Call' Button Is Located | 9to5Mac A change that
Apple introduced with the first beta of iOS 17 back in June is going viral
this week. As part of a number of changes to the Phone app and the calling
experience, Apple has relocated the positioning of the red "End" button. The
change, perhaps unsurprisingly, is drawing quite a bit of criticism on
social media: https://9to5mac.com/2023/08/10/ios-17-end-call-button-change/
C.) JAWS Power Tip: How To Create A Desktop Shortcut To A Folder, File, Or
Web Page | Freedom Scientific You can create a desktop shortcut to a folder,
File, or web page so it is easy to access. Before you begin, we recommend
copying the path of the item to your clipboard so you don't need to search
for it during the process of creating your shortcut:
https://www.toptechtidbits.com/184.html D.) VO Starter: The First App To
Teach Blind And Low Vision Users To Use The iPhone And iPad Is Back With All
New Content | AppleVis VO Starter teaches new blind and visually impaired
iOS users how to use their device with Apple's built in screen reader,
VoiceOver: https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/education/vo-starter E.)
Install Windows 11 Without All The Annoying Bloatware With This Trick | PC
World It's all thanks to a weird Windows bug. A new bug lets you install
Windows 11 without all the annoying bloatware. As Windows Latest reported
this week, the inclusion of third-party applications such as the game "Candy
Crush" or test versions of antivirus software can be prevented with just a
few clicks when you're installing Windows 11. This trick wasn't intended by
Microsoft, but caused by a bug:
https://www.pcworld.com/article/2027453/how-to-install-windows-11-without-annoying-bloatware-in-just-a-few-clicks.html
2) Sponsored By Guidelights and Gadgets: GuideLights And Gadgets Announced
As National Representatives For The New Victor Stream 3 and SensePlayer OCR
GuideLights And Gadgets is excited to announce that we are now national
representatives for both the new Victor Stream 3 and the SensePlayer OCR. As
we already make leather cases for both products, we have put together two
bundles for each player. The first bundle contains the player, a set of
Bluetooth earbuds, our leather case, and a 128GB SD card and they are priced
at $600 for the Stream and $850 for the SensePlayer. The second bundle
substitutes a set of Bluetooth bone conduction high volume and lightweight
open ear headphones with the prices being just $625 and $825 respectively.
For more information, we can be reached at: (617) 969-7500 ☎: 3) Sponsorship
Package Updates Availability: There are 4 Top Tech Tidbits Sponsorship
Packages currently available. Join industry leaders and begin reaching over
10,000 access technology professionals, educators and enthusiasts, all over
the world, each week. All while supporting the ongoing distribution of Top
Tech Tidbits for those very same readers. Only $100 USD Per Month. While
Packages Last. Please consider joining us today:
https://www.toptechtidbits.com/sponsorship-information.html#purchase 4)
Premium Subscriber Updates Next Issue: Premium Subscribers will receive
their 6th issue of the 60 Most Clicked Tidbits for April, May and June 2023
on Monday, October 2, 2023. Back Issues: There are currently 5 back issues
available. Premium Subscribers are entitled to all back issues, anytime they
sign up. All available back issues will be sent to you via email within 24
hours of purchasing your subscription. Please Join Us: If you would like to
receive a perfectly formatted and searchable Word Document with each of the
60 Most Clicked Tidbits of the last 3 months listed neatly within it, please
consider joining us today for just $1 a month:
https://www.toptechtidbits.com/premium-subscribers.html 5) Sponsored Tidbits
Now Available Use Sponsored Tidbits to reach the access community when you
need to. Whether you are a current Sponsor or not. Drive traffic to your
access product and service announcements, events, updates or fundraisers
using this incredibly cost-effective and easy-to-use advertisement tool.
Learn more today at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/sponsored-tidbits.html.
6) Follow Top Tech Tidbits On Your Preferred Channel In addition to
receiving Top Tech Tidbits via email every Thursday morning at 4:00 AM ET
you can also pick up the newsletter and its trending articles on any of the
following channels: Email: https://toptechtidbits.com/subscribe Facebook:
https://toptechtidbits.com/facebook LinkedIn:
https://toptechtidbits.com/linkedin Mastodon:
https://toptechtidbits.com/mastodon Podcast:
https://toptechtidbits.com/podcast RSS: https://toptechtidbits.com/rss
Threads: https://toptechtidbits.com/threads X (Formerly Twitter):
https://toptechtidbits.com/x YouTube: https://toptechtidbits.com/youtube 7)
AI Updates Skip this Tidbit to skip all updates on AI. A) The Future Of
Artificial Intelligence In Accessibility AI is already playing a massive
part in our lives; however, what role does artificial intelligence play in
accessibility? Here, Mike Taylor, Senior Accessibility Analyst, Comms and
Training Manager from the Digital Accessibility Centre explores:
https://www.openaccessgovernment.org/the-future-of-artificial-intelligence-in-accessibility/165188/
B) Introducing Eleven Multilingual v2: Our Most Advanced AI Yet with 20 New
Languages | ElevenLabs Our new, enhanced model now supports 28 languages,
bringing marked improvements in expressiveness, stability and quality.
Eleven Multilingual v2 can automatically discern all languages from a single
prompt and maintain each speaker's unique accent and voice characteristics
across all the languages. To dive in, simply select Eleven Multilingual v2
from the drop-down menu in Speech Synthesis and enter text in your preferred
language to generate spoken audio. To get the perfect accent, select an
appropriate voice from our Voice Library or clone your own:
https://llelevenlabs.com/eleven-multilingual-v2/ 8) Apple Updates Skip this
Tidbit to skip all updates on Apple. A) Voice Control More Important Than
Siri, Yet Has Fallen Behind, Say Disabled People | 9to5Mac Disabled people
who rely on Apple's accessibility features say that Voice Control has fallen
behind Siri in both accuracy and capabilities, despite being an essential
rather than a nice-to-have. They say it's frustrating to see the Cupertino
company continue to make improvements to Siri, while Voice Control — which
is key to many disabled people being able to use Apple tech — has apparently
been forgotten: https://9to5mac.com/2023/08/16/voice-control-problems/ B)
Apple Support App Update Brings Accessibility And Specialty Services Details
| August 21, 2023 | 9to5Mac After launching a big overhaul of the Apple
Support app in May and expanding it to Vietnam, Apple has released a small
but useful update for the app today that brings more details about nearby
locations: https://9to5mac.com/2023/08/21/apple-support-app-update-5-1/ C)
The Top New Features in Apple's iOS 17 and iPadOS 17 | Wired: Subscription
Required Learn about the NameDrop, Contact Posters, and Adaptive Audio — all
coming to your iPhone later this year:
https://www.wired.com/story/apple-iphone-ios-17-ipados-17-new-features/ D)
How Apple's WatchOS 9 Can Help You With Tech | AbilityNet Did you know you
can control your Apple Watch using hand gestures and wrist movements?
Apple's watchOS 9 release has unveiled even more sophisticated accessibility
options, and here we provide tips about how to access them. Benefit from a
new set of guidance which outlines simple step-by-step instructions for how
Apple's watchOS 9 release will transform how you interact with some of your
tech:
https://abilitynet.org.uk/news-blogs/how-apples-watchos-9-can-help-you-tech
9) JAWS with Microsoft Office Power Tip: How To Enable or Disable Protected
View in Office Applications | Freedom Scientific Protected View is a
read-only mode in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. It is available in
MS Office 365 and all versions dating back to 2010. By default, when you
open a file from an online location or email attachment, it will open in
this view to protect your computer from harmful malware. JAWS will indicate
the file was opened in Protected View, but you will not be able to navigate
it using your arrow keys. Activating the Enable Editing button will permit
you to read and edit the file, but these buttons can be difficult to locate.
You can disable Protected View, which allows you to read and edit files as
you ordinarily would when opening them:
https://www.toptechtidbits.com/185.html 10) JAWS Power Tips: Using JAWS
Commands to Extract a Microsoft Teams Chat Transcript and a Similar Bonus
Tip With Excel | David Goldfield | Tech-VI List My employer regularly hosts
internal talks on Microsoft Teams relating to accessibility. As often
happens during these meetings there is a chat which can optionally take
place among the meeting participants where questions and comments can be
written for others to view and respond. These meetings are hosted by my
manager who one day asked me if I could provide him with a transcript of a
chat session from these events. I researched this and couldn't find any
native commands from within Teams for extracting and saving a chat
transcript. However, using commands which are specific to JAWS I figured out
a fairly easy way to accomplish this task:
https://davidgoldfield.wordpress.com/2023/08/18/jaws-power-tips-using-jaws-commands-to-extract-a-microsoft-teams-chat-transcript-and-a-similar-bonus-tip-with-excel/
11) An Amazing JAWS Power Tip From Leo Bado: How to Modify Voice Parameters
of Eloquence Such as Pitch Fluctuation, Roughness, Head Size and Breathiness
| David Goldfield | Tech-VI List Leo Bado posted this tip to the JFW
discussion group and in doing so he has done a great service to users of
JAWS. There are a few things I should say by way of introduction along with
some warnings: https://groups.io/g/tech-vi/message/4875 12) Boost Your
Browsing Experience With The Ctrl + F6 Keyboard Shortcut | National Council
Of Blind Ireland I am a JAWS user and recently I have discovered a good
hotkey that I find myself using a lot more when I am browsing the web or
working on a website. It's CTRL + F6. What it does is get you back to the
main page, regardless of what part of the website you were at the time you
pressed it. Have you ever found yourself tabbing through a webpage, going
too far, going past the bottom of the page, and realizing that what you may
have wanted is nearer to the top? And so, in the past, you may just have
pressed TAB numerous times to get back to the page content. But an easier
way is to press CTRL+ F6 and it will get you there in one keystroke:
https://www.ncbi.ie/boost-your-browsing-experience-with-the-ctrl-f6-keyboard-shortcut/
13) Follow Conversations With Ease Using Spatial Audio In Microsoft Teams
Microsoft released spatial audio for Teams to improve communication and
reduce meeting fatigue in audio and video conferences. Spatial audio aims to
mimic an in-person conversation by spatially separating the voices of
individual meeting participants, which results in a more natural listening
experience. Creating realistic and engaging audio and video experiences that
simulate dynamic real-world scenarios comes with challenges. For example, we
rely on binaural hearing (that is, we use both ears) to help identify and
distinguish the sources of sounds in the physical world. However, most audio
and video communication applications today provide monophonic audio where
speech signals from different participants are transmitted in a single audio
channel, thus stripping away valuable spatial context our minds may be
anticipating:
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-blog/follow-conversations-with-ease-using-spatial-audio-in-microsoft/ba-p/3888524
14) Connect 12 Tutorial No. 35: Dictionary App Overview - Prodigi 4.8 |
YouTube Embark on an exciting journey through the latest Connect 12 update
(version 4.8) as we introduce an innovative addition that transforms the way
you learn and comprehend. Get ready to explore the all-new Dictionary
application, meticulously crafted to enhance your reading experience and
provide unparalleled support for educational activities:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WUMMnp2rBA 15) How To Get Siri To Read
Articles Out Loud On iOS 17 | Cool Blind Tech On your iPhone, you can now
ask Siri to read articles out loud. While speech-to-text has been available
for a while, asking Siri to read any open articles is a new iOS 17 feature:
https://coolblindtech.com/how-to-get-siri-to-read-articles-out-loud-on-ios-17/
16) Tips And Tricks For New Mastodon Users | AllThingsTech Here I focus on
tips and tricks for new users that will help get you started and hopefully
get you connected with others in a better, quicker way:
https://blog.allthingstech.social/tips-and-tricks-for-new-mastodon-users/
17) Beginner's Guide To Accessible Tables | August 22, 2023 | PopeTech
Accessible data tables use proper HTML like table headers, captions, and the
scope attribute. This HTML helps screen reader users by announcing how many
rows and columns there are and telling them the table headings before
reading the information in the cell. That way the user knows what header the
data relates to:
https://blog.pope.tech/2023/08/22/beginners-guide-to-accessible-tables/ 18)
Fix for Narrator Released for Windows 11 22 H2 KB5029351 (OS Build
22621.2215) Preview This update addresses an issue that affects Narrator. It
does not correctly identify the search box on the taskbar and search
highlights within the search box:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/august-22-2023-kb5029351-os-build-22621-2215-preview-9af25662-083a-43f5-b3a7-975fe25cc692
19) Version 2.0.2 — Brailliant BI X and Mantis Q40 Update | HumanWare |
YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgbMJ5GnF04 20) Announcing
BrailleBlaster 2.1.1-beta https://www.brailleblaster.org/ 21) Google's New
Feature Ensures Your Pixel Phone Hasn't Been Hacked. Here's How It Works |
Wired: Subscription Required Pixel Binary Transparency is the latest
security benefit for Pixel owners:
https://www.wired.com/story/google-pixel-binary-transparency-security-feature/
22) The Braille Transformation Has Begun: Meet Monarch | Andrew Flatres |
HumanWare For years, accessing braille textbooks and tactile graphics has
been a global challenge, leading to limited exposure for blind students due
to time and cost constraints. However, #Humanware and #APH are working
together to overcome these barriers through their partnership and commitment
to innovation. The "Pixel" project, also known as Monarch, is making
significant progress in creating an evolutionary new braille highway,
bringing textbooks and tactile graphics to the fingertips much sooner. We
will soon be conducting beta and field testing and are still seeking
organization that want to join our ambassador group. If you are interested
in being an early adopter of the technology please email
monarch at humanware.com alternatively if you are interested in being involved
in beta testing and a teacher training program please visit the following
website and submit your application:
https://www.humanware.com/en-international/monarch 23) Robot Uses Sign
Language to Communicate with Deaf-Blind Persons | Voice of America News |
YouTube For the deaf-blind person, the combination of vision and hearing
loss can make for a confined and isolating existence. A startup in Boston is
developing a robot to expand communication and access to information. VOA's
Tina Trinh has more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu9mTZAwBcA 24) Did an
Amazon Update Accidentally Brick Fire TV Devices? | PC Magazine A number of
Amazon Fire TV Sticks are stuck at the logo screen following a recent
update. Amazon appears stumped by the problem:
https://www.pcmag.com/news/did-an-amazon-update-accidentally-brick-fire-tv-devices
25) Introducing Soundscape Community: A New Era for Soundscape | David
Redmond | National Council of Blind Ireland What is Soundscape Community? We
had a really exciting episode of Talking Technology this week as we revealed
the first details of Soundscape Community. In an NCBI Labs live event on the
4th of August 2021, Microsoft announced that their Soundscape app was coming
to Ireland. However, just 495 days later, they announced that the app would
be sunset and its code made open source. This meant it was up to developers
to decide what happened next. Back when this announcement was made it was
devastating for avid users of the app. We had a chat in our Christmas
special last year about the news, and it seemed very unclear what the future
had in store. What happened next though was really exciting, and an outcome
that seemed far-fetched back in December. A consortium made up of NCBI
(National Council of Blind Ireland), Inclusion and Accessibility Labs (IA
Labs), and others came together to resurrect the app:
https://www.ncbi.ie/a-new-era-for-soundscape/ 26) Announcement of
LibreOffice 7.6 Community | August 21, 2023
https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2023/08/21/libreoffice-7-6-community/
27) List of Technology Guides for Blind Users | National Braille Press
https://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/technology.html ➜ Featured Surveys
Submit your access-related survey for consideration within this section
using this form: https://toptechtidbits.com/submit-survey. Closing: Ongoing
| Surveys From APH Surveys help inform APH of the greatest needs in the
community so they can gear their efforts toward making sure those needs are
met. Ongoing APH surveys can be found here:
https://www.aph.org/rd/get-involved/surveys/ Closing: August 25, 2023 |
Photo Privacy Management Accessibility Study Would you like to participate
in a paid research study to improve the accessibility of photo applications?
The University of Washington, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, and
University of Colorado Boulder are researching ways to design accessible
privacy preserving features in photo applications. We are recruiting blind
people with experience taking photos for this research project. If you meet
our recruitment criteria, we will invite you to take part in a survey study
and a 2-hour session where you will try out a screen-reader-based
application for detecting and removing private content in photos. Each
participant will be compensated with a $65 Amazon gift card. Please feel
free to forward this to anyone who you think may be interested. To
participate, please first fill out a screening survey in the following link:
https://forms.gle/GCBHqJLBuBVsTLZr7 Closing: September 1, 2023 | Autonomous
Vehicle Perceptions by the Blind and Low Vision | Abigail Kuborn, Graduate
Student, Indiana University School of Optometry I am Abigail Kuborn, a
graduate student at the Indiana University School of Optometry researching
user accessibility within autonomous or self-driving vehicles. We are
investigating how diverse types of vision loss create different challenges
and needs in transportation. Specifically, this project is investigating how
blind and low vision users would prefer to interact with an autonomous
vehicle. The future of this project is to partner with car manufacturers and
shape the design of accessible technologies for users with any level of
vision. I am looking for low vision and blind adults over the age of 18 who
live in the United States to participate in my study. To be eligible for
this study, participants must: Be over age 18. Speak English. Be blind or
have low vision. This study consists of one phone call lasting about half an
hour. We will have you complete a questionnaire over the phone about general
characteristics about yourself, your travel behaviors, and your views about
autonomous/self-driving vehicles. All of your responses will be anonymous
and confidential. Participants who complete the questionnaire will be
entered into a drawing for three $100 gift cards. To begin the study, please
go to: https://redcap.link/participateIUSO. If you would prefer to talk to
me directly, you can call me at (262) 416-3386 ☎. If you have any questions
before, during or after the study, feel free to contact me at (262) 416-3386
☎ or by email at amkuborn at iu.edu ✉. Thank you in advance for your time and
participation in my research study. ➜ Featured Podcast Episodes Submit your
access-related Podcast Episode for consideration within this section using
this form: https://toptechtidbits.com/submit-podcast-episode. August 12,
2023 | LBPD TUG: YouTube App & Site On Saturday, August 12, the Technology
User Group (TUG) will profile the YouTube website and the YouTube app. Learn
how to use both applications effectively: managing play controls,
subscribing, skipping ads and saving. Finding premium content will also be
discussed:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/maryland-state-library-agency/id1633488438?i=1000624770874
August 17, 2023 | Learning Braille for Everyday Use | Hadley Presents: A
Conversation with the Experts Listen in as Hadley member, Wendy Spencer
Davis, shares why she decided to learn some braille and how it's helping her
in everyday life:
https://hadley.edu/podcasts/hadley-presents-conversation-experts/learning-braille-everyday-use?_q=zfuhuciozlj
August 18, 2023 | Manage Google Calendar with JAWS Are you looking for ways
to navigate and manage Google Calendar with JAWS? If so, this podcast is for
you. We'll provide an overview of navigating Google Calendar with JAWS, plus
show you how to: Create events, tasks, and appointments. Access and change
Settings. Access a list of Google Calendar keyboard commands. Change to a
different view. Go to a specific date. Share your calendar. Use add-ons:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/freedom-scientific-training-podcast/id1521340640
August 18, 2023 | Could ChatGPT Soon File For Bankruptcy & Lazarillo Comes
To BlindShell | Double Tap TV Today on the show, Steven and Shaun dive into
the Inbox once again to read through more of your comments, but first Shaun
wants to question where our world's morals have gone. It's a tech show,
honest! Also, the guys discuss the news that ChatGPT is close to filing for
bankruptcy after losing $540 million since it launched in 2021. And Michael
Babcock drops in with news of a popular travel app called Lazarillo coming
to the BlindShell Classic 2 smartphone:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/could-chatgpt-soon-file-for-bankruptcy-lazarillo-comes/id1309267346?i=1000624899089
August 19, 2023 | Seleste, Kapsys, Audio Sunglasses & A Birdcall
Identification App | DoubleTap Today on the show, Steven and Shaun review
the big tech news stories of the week with Grace Scoffield, and we hear some
of the big interviews and reviews from this week on Double Tap. There's also
the chance to hear from Seleste's Shubh Mittal about the Canadian company's
new audio and video glasses that connect to a smartphone, and Robert Felgar
tells us about the new SmartVision 3 mobile smartphone from Kapsys. Plus, we
have two listener reviews this week: Gordon gets in touch to talk about his
new audio sunglasses, while Lena tells us about an to identify and discover
bird calls called Merlin Bird ID:
https://doubletaponair.com/seleste-kapsys-audio-sunglasses-a-birdcall-identification-app/
August 19, 2023 | Blind Android Users Podcast Episode 141: History of the
Samsung UI and Android 14 Beta 5.1 In our Android Basics segment we
highlighted the 4 fixes that Android 14 Beta 5.1 addresses. Next, we
highlight the history of the Samsung UI, beginning with TouchWiz up to its
current UI, the One UI. Review Of The Samsung Zflip5. John Dyer reviews the
Samsung Galaxy ZFlip5. The HIMS Sense Player. HIMS has a new Sense Player
with a screen reader and not only so, but it allows the side loading of
Android APK's. Our friend Jerry Jicha shows you how to go about side loading
an APK to the Sense Player. Kareen Kiwan updates us by showing us the new
features or the “What's new” found in CSR for the months of July and August
2023. Tip Of The Week. In this episode's “Tip of the Week,” John
demonstrates how you can use the launcher of your choice for the outer cover
of your ZFlip5. | Android 14 Beta 5.1 Release Notes | Samsung Galaxy Flip 5
| The HIMS Sense Player | REP:
https://www.youtube.com/blindandroidusers/videos August 20, 2023 | Living
Blindfully Episode 244: iOS 17 Towards The End Of Its Test Phase, Listeners
Comment On SensePlayer 2.0, And Some Concerning Absences From Mastodon
https://www.livingblindfully.com/episode-244ios-17-towards-the-end-of-its-test-phase-listeners-comment-on-senseplayer-2-0-and-some-concerning-absences-from-mastodon/
August 23, 2023 | Eyes on Success Episode 2334: Going Beyond the Words in
Documents and Presentations Creating impactful documents and presentations
is important for connecting with sighted individuals in all walks of life.
Hosts Nancy and Peter Torpey talk with Judy Dixon about her latest books,
"Designing Documents for Appearance" and "The Power of PowerPoint", that
give tips on how those who are visually impaired can produce such material:
http://www.eyesonsuccess.net/show_notes_2334.htm August 24, 2023 | Top Tech
Tidbits Podcast for Thursday, August 24, 2023 Tune in each week as we
announce the Top 5 Most Clicked Tidbits of the week. These 5 news items
represent the most popular news and trends in adaptive technology today, as
voted on by Top Tech Tidbits readers: https://apple.co/3ODv8oV ➜ Featured
Webinars, Training Courses and Events Submit your access-related Webinar,
Training Course or Event for consideration within this section using this
form: https://toptechtidbits.com/submit-webinar-training-course. August 29,
2023 — August 30, 2023 | Web Accessibility in Mind Conference The second
annual Web Accessibility in Mind Conference is presented by WebAIM in
partnership with Pope Tech. This virtual conference will provide conference
participants with content that will help them mature their practice in
digital accessibility. Our goals include: Provide a diverse range of
perspectives from a diverse group of speakers. Share solutions to
accessibility challenges. Give advice and guidance that helps our
participants to actively contribute to providing more accessible digital
spaces. Bring together a cross section of public and private sector
technology professionals from organizations large and small. The Web
Accessibility in Mind Conference will be held online on August 29-30, 2023
from 12pm-5:10pm US Eastern Time (with a one-hour break at 2:10pm) each day.
Register: https://conference.webaim.org/register August 30, 2023 | JAWS:
Testing for Website Accessibility (Assistive Technology Webinar) | Access
Ingenuity 10AM PT, 11AM MT, 12PM CT, 1PM ET, 5PM GMT An essential part of
ensuring that a website is accessible is to test the site with a screen
reader. Join Michael Parker (Web Accessibility Specialist and DHS Trusted
Tester) and Marisa Church (Assistive Technology Specialist and Expert Screen
Reader) as they demonstrate how to test a website with the JAWS screen
reader. Learning Outcomes: Understand the importance of testing websites
with a screen reader. Learn how to test a website with a screen reader.
Learn the difference between using the Say All command and Tab to navigate a
webpage. Learn about basic JAWS settings required for testing. How to use
the Virtual HTML Features and Text Viewer in JAWS for quicker testing:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88477062027?pwd=c0lPNVdYSmtJakxLUUVpekZjZzd6UT09&mc_cid=1c5c3cbecd&mc_eid=90429c1885
August 31, 2023 | FSOpenline | Freedom Scientific 5PM PT, 6PM MT, 7PM CT,
8PM ET, 12AM GMT on 9/1 FSOpenline is hosted on the Zoom conferencing
platform and the Clubhouse audio chat app. Join via Zoom, or download the
Clubhouse app from the iOS App Store or Google Play to participate in this
live event:
https://zoom.us/j/7278038000?_x_zm_rtaid=JLrcZJLfR0CGeSOmS9Dn3g.1605555524846.894574b70d1d4051defcc9cb567d21aa&_x_zm_rhtaid=935#success
September 7, 2023 | Using JAWS Inspect and JAWS Connect for Testing | TPGi
9AM PT, 10AM MT, 11AM CT, 12PM ET, 4PM GMT Presenter: Charlie Pike, Platform
Success Lead. Using transcripts of JAWS speech, you can quickly pinpoint
accessibility and usability issues. This demonstration will walk you through
some simple tests using both JAWS Inspect and JAWS Connect, explaining how
these tools can be integrated into your test processes. Register today:
https://www.tpgi.com/webinar-september-7-at-12pm-et-using-jaws-inspect-and-jaws-connect-for-testing/
September 7, 2023 | Zoom Basics Using JAWS | Computers For The Blind | Marci
Duty and Stephen Guerra 4:30PM PT, 5:30PM MT, 6:30PM CT, 7:30 PM ET, 11:30PM
GMT Learn Zoom Basics with the JAWS screen Reader:
https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_MtPGcLuzS02nfaGMk-Bd_A September
13, 2023 | Connect 12's New Dictionary Powered By Oxford Languages HumanWare
9AM PT, 10AM MT, 11AM CT, 12PM ET, 4PM GMT In collaboration with Oxford
Languages, a part of Oxford University Press, this partner webinar will
focus on leveraging the all-new Dictionary app to enhance reading
comprehension support for your students. Be sure to participate in the
interactive Q&A session at the end:
https://humanware.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_2Pf2AFa7QsCBvnaR1D3QBQ#/registration
September 21, 2023 | Inclusive Design 24 Inclusive Design 24 (#id24) is a
free 24-hour online event for the global community. It celebrates inclusive
design and shares knowledge and ideas from analogue to digital, from design
to development, from planners to practitioners, and everything and everyone
in between: https://inclusivedesign24.org/2023/ September 26, 2023 | Tech It
Out | Monthly Hadley Discussion Group 5PM PT, 6PM MT, 7PM CT, 8PM ET, 12AM
GMT Next Day 4th Tuesday of every month at 7:00 PM CT. Learn a few tips
about everyday technology from a technology expert, ask your questions, and
share your experiences. https://hadley.edu/discussion-groups/tech-it-out
September 29, 2023 | Blindness and Mental Health Webinar | Accessible
Pharmacy 9AM PT, 10AM MT, 11AM CT, 12PM ET, 4PM GMT Please join us as we
discuss mental health in the blind and low vision community. Expert
presenters will discuss: Psychology and therapy for the blind community.
Medications and genomic testing. Peer and community support resources. 988
Mental Health Hotline information:
https://accessiblepharmacy.com/blindness-and-mental-health-webinar/ October
4, 2023 | FEMA Nationwide EAS Test 11:20AM PT, 12:20PM MT, 1:20PM CT, 2:20PM
ET, 6:20PM GMT FEMA, in coordination with the FCC, will conduct a nationwide
test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS) and Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA)
this fall. The national test will consist of two portions, testing WEA and
EAS capabilities. Both tests are scheduled to begin at 2:20pm ET on
Wednesday, October 4. The EAS portion of the test will be sent to radios and
televisions. This will be the seventh nationwide EAS test:
https://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/headline_id=b17534 October 13,
2023 | Blindness and Clinical Trials Webinar | Accessible Pharmacy 9AM PT,
10AM MT, 11AM CT, 12PM ET, 4PM GMT Please join us as we discuss clinical
trials for the blind and low vision community with these expert presenters:
Ben Shaberman, VP Science Communications Foundation Fighting Blindness.
Marin Allen, former Deputy Director of Communications, National Institute of
Health. Maggie Cashion, Clinical Research Manager, Prism Vision Group:
https://accessiblepharmacy.com/blindness-and-clinical-trials-webinar/
October 24, 2023 | Tech It Out | Monthly Hadley Discussion Group 5PM PT, 6PM
MT, 7PM CT, 8PM ET, 12AM GMT Next Day 4th Tuesday of every month at 7:00 PM
CT. Learn a few tips about everyday technology from a technology expert, ask
your questions, and share your experiences.
https://hadley.edu/discussion-groups/tech-it-out November 6, 2023 through
November 10, 2023 | Accessing Higher Ground | Association on Higher
Education And Disability (AHEAD) Accessible Media, Web and Technology
Conference. Hilton Denver City Center, Denver, Colorado:
https://accessinghigherground.org/ November 28, 2023 | Tech It Out | Monthly
Hadley Discussion Group 5PM PT, 6PM MT, 7PM CT, 8PM ET, 11PM GMT 4th Tuesday
of every month at 7:00 PM CT. Learn a few tips about everyday technology
from a technology expert, ask your questions, and share your experiences.
https://hadley.edu/discussion-groups/tech-it-out December 1, 2023 and
December 2, 2023 | Blind Health Expo 2023 | Exhibitor and Attendee
Registration Now Open The Blind Health Expo is the largest virtual event of
healthcare information, products, services, and medication for individuals
in the blind, low vision, and disability communities. Exhibitors can:
Register for free. Interact with thousands of attendees. Showcase their
products and services:
https://accessiblepharmacy.com/blind-health-expo-2023/ December 26, 2023 |
Tech It Out | Monthly Hadley Discussion Group 5PM PT, 6PM MT, 7PM CT, 8PM
ET, 11PM GMT 4th Tuesday of every month at 7:00 PM CT. Learn a few tips
about everyday technology from a technology expert, ask your questions, and
share your experiences. https://hadley.edu/discussion-groups/tech-it-out ➜
Directories 1) Top Tech Tidbits Blind And Visually Impaired App Directory
https://toptechtidbits.com/blind-and-visually-impaired-technology-app-directory.html
2) Top Tech Tidbits Blind And Visually Impaired Game Directory
https://toptechtidbits.com/blind-and-visually-impaired-technology-game-directory.html
3) Top Tech Tidbits Blind And Visually Impaired Listserv Directory
https://toptechtidbits.com/blind-and-visually-impaired-technology-listserv-directory.html
4) Top Tech Tidbits Blind And Visually Impaired Podcast Directory
https://toptechtidbits.com/blind-and-visually-impaired-technology-podcast-directory.html ➜
Buy, Sell or Trade List your new, gently-used or refurbished item in FOUR
(4) consecutive issues of Top Tech Tidbits for just $5 USD by filling out
this short form: https://toptechtidbits.com/submit-buy-sell-trade. 1) FOR
SALE: One Gently Used Braille Labeled Soundcraft Signature 22 MTK Mixer
Listing Date: 8/24/2023 | Price: $950.00 USD | Condition: Gently Used. |
Dive into a world of superior audio mixing and recording with the Soundcraft
Signature 22 MTK. This analog mixer is in like-new condition, having been
carefully maintained and presenting no signs of wear or tear. The detailed
pictures, available upon request, clearly showcase the immaculate state of
this unit. Features: Multi-Track USB Interface. Iconic Soundcraft Ghost Mic
Preamps. Soundcraft Sapphyre British EQ. Lexicon Effects Engine.
High-Quality Metal Construction. Braille Labeling (can be removed if not
required). The Soundcraft Signature 22 MTK offers a comprehensive mixing
solution for both live and studio environments. Whether you're a seasoned
professional or an aspiring audio engineer, this mixer is sure to elevate
your creative endeavors. | Contact: Mike via email at: mike at mikecalvo.com ✉
or by phone / text at: (612) 246-4818 ☎. | 2) FOR SALE: One Buy, Sell or
Trade Classified Ad (Just like this one.) Price: $5.00 USD | Description:
List your new, gently-used or refurbished item in FOUR (4) consecutive
issues of Top Tech Tidbits for just $5 USD. | Buy an Ad: Fill out this short
form to secure your Buy, Sell or Trade Classified Advertisement today. |
Learn more at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com/buy-sell-trade.html. ➜ Sponsor
Classified Ads Sponsors may submit or update their Classified Advertisement
at any time by submitting this short form:
https://toptechtidbits.com/submit-sponsor-classified. Sponsor: Wordvoyance ➜
Classified Advertisement: FREE: Wordvoyance: A Scrabble Game For Screen
Readers Introducing: The first and only scrabble app that blind and sighted
players can play together! Completely ad-free and based on the classic board
game, Wordvoyance is the perfect choice for everyone from schools and young
families to grizzled word game veterans. Play against the single-player CPU
or challenge your friends online. The game can be played in any web browser,
even on your phone, with Android and iOS apps available in select regions:
https://www.themisgames.com/wordvoyance/ Sponsor Since: August 3, 2023
Website: https://www.themisgames.com/wordvoyance/ 🌐 About: Wordvoyance is a
multiplayer crossword-building game similar to Scrabble and Words With
Friends. It has been carefully crafted to be playable by everyone, and it
includes multiple accessibility features for people with blindness and other
disabilities. For players with unhindered sight, the game will play exactly
as you expect. You can drag and drop tiles to form words on the board and
rack up points. For everyone else, the game is fully compatible with popular
screen readers and can be played with a number of different input methods
including keyboards, assistive technology, and even game controllers. Play
Game (Web Browser): https://www.themisgames.com/wordvoyance/menu Play Game
(iOS App Store): https://apps.apple.com/us/app/wordvoyance/id1672135719 Play
Game (Google Play Store):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.exceptionullgames.wordvoyance
Play Game (Other): For iOS users outside of our soft launch regions you can
download the app via Apple's TestFlight Store at:
https://testflight.apple.com/join/UsNLOulZ Game Manual:
https://www.themisgames.com/wordvoyance/manual Sponsor: The Accessibility
Guy ➜ Classified Advertisement: Expert Document Accessibility Remediation:
Compliant, Multilingual, & Inclusive Unlock the power of inclusivity with
our specialized document accessibility remediation services. With over
100,000 documents transformed and compliant with standards such as Section
508, WCAG 2.1 AA, HHS, AODA, and PDF/UA, we are your go-to accessibility
experts. No document is too complex! What To Expect: Screen Reader Testing:
We test all documents with industry-leading tools like JAWS, NVDA,
VoiceOver, CommonLook Validator, and PAC3. Turnaround Time: Our standard
time is 5 business days. Expedited options are available. Forms Handling: We
specialize in making static PDFs accessible to screen readers. Languages
Supported: Offering remediation in over 50 languages. File Types Supported:
Word, PDF, PowerPoint. Custom Reports: Available for an additional fee.
Learn More: https://theaccessibilityguy.com/document-remediation/ Sponsor
Since: August 3, 2023 Website: https://theaccessibilityguy.com/ 🌐 YouTube:
https://youtube.com/@TheAccessibilityGuy 📹 About: My name is Shawn Jordison
and I love helping others learn the ins and outs of digital accessibility. I
have made over 100 thousand documents accessible, provided hundreds of
trainings in the areas of accessibility and document remediation, and
reviewed many websites and mobile applications for accessibility. I have
developed and reviewed VPATs, LMS courses, and other pieces of training. I
am the accessibility swiss army knife. Let me be your personal accessibility
expert. ➜ Over 13 years of experience in the field of accessibility. ➜
Passionate about providing equal access to information for everyone. ➜ Wide
range of project experience, including document accessibility, training, and
more. ➜ Expertise in captioning, assistive technology, and accessibility
best practices. I'm here to help you create a more accessible world. The
Blog: This blog covers topics like making Word, PDF & PowerPoint files
accessible, Closed Captioning, assistive technology, and other important
accessibility topics. Training and Consulting: Offering customized training
and consulting for implementing accessibility best practices. Accessible
Document Service: Providing top-tier document remediation services for all
types of files, ensuring compliance with WCAG, 508, and PDF UA standards.
Sponsor: Glidance Sponsor Since: July 20th 2023 Website:
https://glidance.io/ 🌐 About: Fun and easy, you'll just love going out. You
walk with confidence, and Glide will simply guide you where you want to go.
Just Grab Your Glide And Walk With Confidence Glide will guide you to your
destination or just keep you to a safe path and leave it to you to steer the
way, giving you full autonomy and independence. Portable, Light And
Versatile Glide uses advanced technology to help you safely and smoothly
weave your way among obstacles and people, and make your way to a near by
door, steps or a park bench. Easy To Use Smart technology for effortless
mobility. Affordable No fancy back flips, just what you need to get back out
there. Quick To Learn Our friendly design means you'll be up and running in
no time. Feel Confident Without hesitation, anxiety, or getting lost. Get
started with Glide today at: https://glidance.io/. Sponsor: Echobatix
Sponsor Since: July 20th 2023 Website: https://echobatix.com/ 🌐 App:
Download the Echobatix App from the Apple App Store here. About: Echobatix
develops accessibility products and indoor navigation systems for the blind,
the DeafBlind, and those with low vision. Our technology complements the use
of a cane or guide dog and your existing Orientation and Mobility (O&M)
skills. Our first app is an accessibility tool for printed text, touch
screens, kiosks, and signage. Read what's at the end of your finger. Speak
to search for a word. Sponsor: Ayes.ai ➜ Classified Advertisement: Every
Traffic Light Accessible With The OKO Application AYES is happy to announce
the launch of our new application OKO. OKO uses artificial intelligence and
the back camera to recognize the pedestrian traffic light and inform the
user of the walk, don't walk and the countdown state. We bring this state
back to the user with three types of feedback, visual overlay, vibrations
and audio feedback. The application does not rely on any adaptations to the
traffic light and runs locally on the smartphone, this means that it works
at every intersection. We always recommend to hold the phone at chest level
with the camera pointing towards the direction that you want to cross. You
can then rotate your chest between 10 to 15 degrees to locate the pedestrian
traffic light. The moment we see that light the software immediately reacts.
This helps to orient in the right direction and also stops you from veering
off into traffic because the moment you veer off the feedback stops, you
reorient and receive feedback to continue in the right direction.
https://apps.apple.com/be/app/oko-by-ayes/id1583614988 Sponsor Since: March
16th 2023 Website: https://ayes.ai/ 🌐 App: Download the OKO App from the
Apple App Store here. Email: hello at ayes.ai ✉ About: AYES was founded by
three experienced AI engineers that are defining autonomous navigation for
blind and visually impaired people. AYES.ai is the creator of the OKO App.
Simply point the back camera of the phone towards the intersection that you
want to cross and the OKO application will instantly detect the traffic
light and inform the user through audio and haptic feedback. The OKO
application can provide multiple services for your company, city or your
country, all independent of physical infrastructure. This can increase your
accessibility to 100%, overnight. OKO provides an accessible traffic light
at every intersection. And, best of all, all OKO data is completely
anonymized, ensuring your personal privacy at all times. The OKO app is
fully independent from infrastructure and does not require a Wi-Fi or
Cellular connection to operate at full capacity. The algorithm runs locally
on your device, meaning that it works consistently and reliably every single
time. The application has been trained on more than 150,000 images and
continues to improve. Download the app today. Sponsor: Sterling Adaptives,
LLC ➜ Classified Advertisement: Limited Time Introductory Pricing On The New
Victor Reader Stream 3! With the NEW Victor Reader Stream 3, it's so easy to
take your books, music, and more wherever you go. Imagine being able to
listen to the latest novels, magazines, or your favorite music, podcasts,
and your own voice recordings, all in the palm of your hand. With its sleek,
compact design and easy-to-grip edges, the digital media player gives you
hours of listening wherever you are and a superior text-to-speech experience
in multiple languages. Take advantage of our introductory pricing on the NEW
Victor Reader Stream 3! Order today or call (415) 878-2922 ☎. Use promo code
TOPTECH for Free Shipping!
https://sterlingadaptives.com/products/humanware-victor-reader-stream-3rd-generation
Sponsor Since: March 9th 2023 Website: https://sterlingadaptives.com/ 🌐
Shop: https://sterlingadaptives.com/collections/vision-products Phone: (415)
878-2922 ☎ Email: info at sterlingadaptives.com ✉ Hours: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM,
Monday through Friday, Pacific Standard Time Social: Facebook | Twitter |
YouTube | Instagram About: Based in California, Sterling Adaptives supplies
the most technologically advanced equipment and software currently
available. We serve those who are blind or have visual impairment and also
others with disabilities. We have a showroom in Santa Rosa and can also meet
in the comfort of your home. We supply a full range of computer hardware,
software, peripherals, and assistive technology products. We are able to
provide demonstrations, installations, troubleshooting, and ongoing product
training. We work with private individuals, non-profit agencies, private
organizations, educational establishments, and commercial enterprises. We
help our customers fully realize their potential. We are known for providing
you and your clients with the standards of service that you demand and that
result in the right product at the right time and with the right backup
service. We look forward to hearing from you and being afforded the
opportunity to show you just how Sterling our service is! Sponsor: The
Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc. Sponsor Since: December 29th 2022 Website:
https://lhblind.org/ 🌐 Phone: (800) 914-7307 ☎ Fax: (206) 329-3397 ░
Contact Us: https://lhblind.org/contact-us/ About: The Lighthouse for the
Blind, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit social enterprise providing
employment, support, and training opportunities for people who are blind,
deafblind, and blind with other disabilities. The Lighthouse has provided
employment and support to people who are blind in our community since 1918.
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc. is a successful manufacturing
organization with over 60 years of experience in precision machining. We
produce an array of machined parts and plastic injection molding for various
aerospace manufacturers, as well as a host of office products and hydration
equipment sold to the Federal Government and the U.S. Military. We also own
and operate stores on military bases along the West Coast. Our products and
services include: • Manufacturing: We are a successful manufacturing
organization committed to making jobs accessible to individuals who are
blind. Our manufacturing operations center on making quality products for
the Federal Government under the AbilityOne Program and producing parts for
aerospace manufacturers. • Managed Services: The Lighthouse for the Blind,
Inc. offers a variety of services to our commercial, federal, and military
customers. These include Contract Management Support (CMS) services for
government contracting offices. • Base Supply Centers: We operate 12
AbilityOne Base Supply Centers (BSCs) that offer easy customer access to
Lighthouse products, direct feedback and communication with customers, and
employment opportunities for individuals who are blind in geographic areas
not served by larger nonprofit agencies. Sponsor: WayAround ➜ Classified
Advertisement: Have You Tried The Best Way to Label Things if You're Blind
or Have Low Vision? WayAround is a smartphone-based labeling app that works
with your preferred accessibility settings. You just need the free mobile
app and some WayTags ® to label items in the kitchen, garden, closet, office
& more. If you want to label something that's inside, outside, wet, dry,
hot, or cold, there's a WayTag that will attach securely. WayTags come as
stickers, buttons, magnets, and clips. Each of the different styles of
WayTags work exactly the same. Simply choose the WayTag that's best for what
you want to label. ➜ Label your kitchen, clothing, or medication. ➜ Tag
specialty items and tools for hobbies. ➜ Organize lots of information about
one thing on a single WayTag. ➜ Scan each WayTag 100,000 times or more. Keep
adding more WayTags! Use any style of tag, in any order. There's no limit to
the number of WayTags you can use. So you can rely on one system to label
all your things. Try our Starter Pack to experience ALL of the different
types of WayTags!
https://www.wayaround.com/shop/?utm_source=AssistiveTech&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=AccessInfoNewsSponsorAd
Sponsor Since: January 5, 2023 Website: https://www.wayaround.com/ 🌐
General Sales & Support: (888) 898-4465 ☎ Business Sales & Support: (888)
898-4465 ☎ Email: connect at wayaround.com ✉ About: WayAround is the app for
your smart device that provides on-demand details about everyday things. The
simple tag-and-scan approach lets you quickly and easily identify things
around you. It also provides extra details, like how something works or when
it expires. The result? Doing more of the things you want, with more
confidence and more independence. All the information you want with just a
tap of your phone. No more waiting around to ask someone. You need just two
things to get started: The free mobile app for iOS or Android and some of
our smart WayTags®. Accessible labels for the blind, deafblind, and anyone
with vision loss. Your biggest problem isn't poor eyesight. It's that so
much of the information in the world is visual. But you shouldn't have to
wait around for someone else to get the information you need. Or carry
around a bulky, outdated device. There is a better way to get accurate and
complete information every time. So you can reduce stress and gain
independence. Download The App (Apple):
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wayaround-tag-and-scan/id1294361140?mt=8
Download The App (Android):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wayaround.wayaround
Sponsor: Aira Sponsor Since: August 4th 2022 Website: https://aira.io/ 🌐
Download the App: Apple App Store | Google Play Store Plans and Pricing:
https://aira.io/pricing/ Phone: NA: +1.800.835.1934 ☎ | AU: +1.800.765.096 ☎
| UK: +0.800.046.5668 ☎ | NZ: +1.800.425.451 ☎ Text Message: NA:
+1.858.242.4457 📲 | AU: +61.488.839.767 📲 | UK: +44.149.320.2474 📲 Email:
support at aira.io ✉ Social: Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube |
Instagram About: Aira's mission is to remove barriers and make the world
more accessible with visual interpreting. We provide a live, human-to-human
professional assistance service, an accommodation or productivity tool, that
enhances independence by delivering on-demand, skilled and reliable visual
interpreting for just about any task. Using the powerful combination of a
camera and the Aira app on someone's device of 'choice', a
professionally-trained agent will assist by visually interpreting what is in
the camera's view or on screen, from describing to reading, from explaining
to navigating - just about anything, safely and securely. Aira supports a
growing range of devices including smart and tactile button phones, desktop
computers and soon, wearables. Whether you are involved in the work of
business, the work of school or the work of life, Aira enhances everyday
efficiency, engagement, and independence. Used by employees and customers of
hundreds of organizations including airports, banks, the largest software
companies, financial firms, retailers and universities, we invite you to
join the community, access the Aira app today and try it for free.
https://aira.io/download-and-try-it/ Step One: Subscribe and Download. Pick
the plan that lets you explore on your terms and on your time, sign up in a
few minutes, and download the Aira app to your smartphone. Plans shown are
for the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the United
Kingdom. Add or cancel at any time. Step Two: Connect with an Aira Agent. On
the first call, connect with one of our certified, specially-trained Agents
and learn how everything works. Step Three: Real-time Assistance. At the
touch of a button, Aira delivers instant access to visual information, when
and where you want it. Sponsor: Fable ➜ Classified Advertisement: Learn
Management Skills For Free. Get The Job You Want. Everyone deserves equal
access to the internet which is why Fable works with people with
disabilities who use assistive technologies like switch controls to improve
the accessibility of websites and apps. Fable Pathways, a free, accessible,
and on-demand skill-building program, is an extension of Fable's mission.
Fable Pathways provides new opportunities for people with disabilities to
gain the skills they need, from experts like Judy Heumann and Kelly Ford, to
contribute to improving digital accessibility. https://tinyurl.com/3x7d7t3v
Sponsor Since: June 30th 2022 Website: https://fablepathways.com/ 🌐 Email:
community at makeitfable.com ✉ Phone: (888) 212-3532 ☎ Extension 810 About:
Just like curb cuts help everyone get on and off sidewalks, designing
digital products with accessibility in mind helps make the internet more
accessible for everyone. Fable is an accessibility platform powered by
people with disabilities. Fable connects people with disabilities to
accessibility managers, user researchers, designers, and developers to build
incredible and accessible user experiences. Opportunities: ➜ Fable Pathways:
Fable Pathways is a free skill development program for people with
disabilities interested in working in the tech sector. Sign up to take your
career to the next level. Courses include "Getting started in web
development" taught by Kelly Ford, a screen reader user, and Senior Program
Manager at Microsoft, and "Becoming a manager" taught by Fable's Head of
Accessibility Innovation, Kate Kalcevich. Instructors are subject matter
experts in their fields and have lived experience with disability. Pathways
courses are free, self-paced and assistive-technology-friendly. Sign up now
at https://fablepathways.com/. ➜ Fable's Community of Accessibility Testers:
Work from home to contribute to real changes in digital accessibility and
make the internet a more accessible place for everyone. Ever leave a website
because it was too hard to navigate? Because it was missing button labels?
Because it didn't respond to voice commands? Us too. Our community of
testers who use assistive technologies work from home and contribute to real
changes in digital accessibility with recognizable brands. Earn money to
share your feedback on websites and apps of your favorite brands and work
with companies that care. No experience required and no resume required.
Fable is looking for assistive technology users in the USA and Canada to
work the hours that they want, from the comfort of their own homes. Learn
more at https://fablepathways.com/community/. Sponsor: Clusiv ➜ Classified
Advertisement: Looking For Blind Job-Seekers Wanting To Advance Their
Salaries, Careers And Digital Accessibility For The Blind Are you interested
in learning new tech skills and working remotely while earning a competitive
salary? At Clusiv.io we have created the world's first digitally accessible
e-Learning platform built by the blind, and built for the blind. Visit the
link provided and request Clusiv through your Vocational Rehab counselor for
lifetime access to our e-Learning platform with courses such as Business
Applications, JAWS, and more: https://clusiv.io/ Sponsor Since: June 9th
2022 Website: https://clusiv.io/ 🌐 About: As there are many challenges
people in the blind community face in employment and education, Clusiv has
built the world's first e-learning platform designed for the blind to
provide the training, tools, and resources needed to remove barriers to the
modern workforce. Our courses teach you occupational and technology skills
you need towards employment. Plus, we are working to connect our graduates
to internship and job opportunities. Our courses are remote, self-paced, and
we provide support throughout your whole journey through our student success
team, and even provide lifetime access to our courses so you can keep up to
date as technology evolves. You can request Clusiv training through your
vocational rehabilitation counselor and fill out the form in the link below
on our website. If you are a counselor wanting to learn more about Clusiv
for your clients, or an employer looking to hire Clusiv graduates, click the
respective link below and fill out a form to get more info. ➜ Person Looking
To Enroll In Clusiv Courses ➜ Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Looking To
Learn More About Clusiv For Their Clients ➜ Employer Looking To Hire Clusiv
Graduates Sponsor: Double Tap TV ➜ Classified Advertisement: Subscribe to
the Double Tap Podcast Double Tap is the show where blind people talk tech!
If you're blind or partially sighted and have an interest in technology,
this is the show for you. Everyone is welcome no matter how old you are or
how much or how little experience you have with technology. Each week the
team will help you better understand how technology can help your everyday
life, even if you have little or no sight. Join the conversation and add
your voice to the show either by calling in, sending an email or leaving us
a voicemail! Email: feedback at doubletap.online ✉. Phone: +1 (844) 971-1999 ☎
https://bit.ly/3BQmUTl Sponsor Since: December 23rd 2021 Email:
feedback at doubletap.online ✉ Apple Podcasts: https://bit.ly/3BQmUTl About:
Double Tap TV is a weekly tech show on AMI-tv, (also available on CBC Gem in
Canada and YouTube). Each week join hosts Steven Scott (@blindguytech) and
Marc Aflalo (@marcaflalo) as they help viewers better understand how
technology can assist in everyday life. Its tech from an accessible point of
view! The show features interviews with some of the biggest names in
consumer tech and features up and coming companies and services. Sponsor:
HIMS, Inc. ➜ Classified Advertisement: SensePlayer 2.0 Firmware Upgrade
Details Recording Did you miss the SensePlayer firmware upgrade webinar last
week? No worries - HIMS inc. has uploaded a recording of all the details
discussed on our YouTube! This video is a recording of HIMS inc.'s
international podcast, called SenseCast, where the latest SensePlayer update
has been discussed in detail. You can find the recording at the following
link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqvtB6Ek65U. Be sure to like the video
and subscribe to our YouTube channel to have quick access to HIMS inc.'s
tutorials, webinars, and more. As a reminder, this update brings fixes and
enhancements that are sure to delight users of the popular accessible
multimedia powerhouse such as the inclusion of the new mobile screen reader
that now allows for easy installation of relevant Android apps known to work
well with the SensePlayer such as Apple Music, NLS BARD, Audible and more:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqvtB6Ek65U Sponsor Since: September 30th
2021 Website: https://hims-inc.com/ 🌐 Shop All Products:
https://hims-inc.com/shop-all-products/ 🛒 Phone: (512) 837-2000 ☎ YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R9NjA1nfWo Sales Email: sales at hims-inc.com
✉ Support Email: support at hims-inc.com ✉ About: HIMS, Inc. is a global
manufacturer and distributor that has provided braille, magnification and
accessible healthcare devices since 1999. Sponsor: Carroll Center for the
Blind ➜ Classified Advertisement: Attend the Screen Reader User Tester
Training Program at the Carroll Center for the Blind Launch your career in
the digital accessibility field! The Carroll Center for the Blind's new
7-week intensive Screen Reader User Tester Training program allows
participants to learn and grow their ability to professionally explore,
test, and report findings regarding the accessibility of websites, mobile
applications, and digital document files using screen readers. Want to learn
more? Start your journey to becoming a Screen Reader User Tester by
visiting: https://carroll.org/screen-reader-user-tester-training-program/
Sponsor Since: August 5th 2021 Website: https://carroll.org/ 🌐 Phone: (617)
969-6200 ☎ Fax: (617) 969-6204 ░ Shop: https://carroll.org/store/ 🛒 Donate:
https://carroll.org/donate ❤ Social: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn
| Instagram About: The Carroll Center for the Blind is the foremost leader
in vision rehabilitation services for individuals confronted by the
challenges of vision loss. Our mission is to empower those who are blind or
visually impaired to achieve independence and to lead a fulfilling life.
Established in 1936, the renowned Carroll Center for the Blind has been
serving those with vision impairment for over eight decades; we are known
nationally as a premier Vision Rehabilitation Center. Located just outside
of Boston on a sprawling campus in Newton, Massachusetts, we proudly serve
ALL ages and ALL stages of vision loss. With the ongoing promise of
improving the lives of people with vision-related problems, The Carroll
Center for the Blind has pioneered many innovative services allowing people
who are blind or have low vision to learn the skills to be independent in
their homes, in class settings, and in their work places. Our services
include vision rehabilitation, vocational and transition programs, assistive
technology training, educational support, and recreation opportunities for
individuals who are visually impaired of all ages. For over 80 years, the
expertise of Carroll Center staff has provided help for thousands of blind
and visually impaired persons with diverse opportunities for success and
independent living. Sponsor: Pneuma Solutions ➜ Classified Advertisement:
Only $60/Year! BlindShell Classic 2 Now Integrates Sero for Accessible Audio
Content & More For just $60 a year until September 30th, 2023, users of the
BlindShell Classic 2 phone can now leverage the robust Sero platform,
creating an accessible, user-friendly experience for the visually impaired.
Sero provides streaming radio, thousands of hours of audio content, news,
forums, podcasts, and voice chat rooms, fostering an empowered community.
Use the BlindShell's famous t9-driven interface, or ditch the keypad
entirely and leverage Alexa on the BlindShell for hands-free access to your
Sero content! This collaboration between BlindShell and Pneuma Solutions,
Sero's developers, unlocks productivity features and entertainment options
that enhance digital lifestyles. The future of accessible tech is here!
Integrate the feature-rich Sero platform into your BlindShell device phone
for only $60 a year! https://pneumasolutions.com/blindshell Sponsor Since:
June 3rd 2021 Website: https://pneumasolutions.com/ 🌐 Email Newsletter:
Click here to receive periodic news via email concerning Pneuma Solutions
products for business, consumers and education. Sales: (866) 202-0520 ☎
Support: (650) 249-1000 ☎ About: Backed by two decades of creating
award-winning accessible cloud technologies for people with visual
impairments, Pneuma Solutions is the global leader in accessible cloud-based
solutions. Pneuma Solutions was founded by long-time accessibility
developers Mike Calvo and Matt Campbell. For more information on their
individual profiles, click on their respective bio pages. We're proud to be
the first company to develop cloud-based accessibility at the network level.
Our tools provide organizations, like yours, a way to deliver secure,
accessible information right from your network or from our secure servers.
You can provide your print disabled consumers, students, employees, and
citizens with a multitude of accessible options. Additionally, we offer a
suite of cloud-based applications to blind and print disabled consumers
directly from our website. Our consumer products are designed to make the
day-to-day lives of blind and print disabled individuals more accessible and
simpler to manage. Access to information is not a privilege, it's a right.
It's also your right to obtain affordable, accessible cloud solutions to
serve your end user. When organizations like yours implement our tools,
together we help make it a more inclusive world for people with
disabilities. Want to know more about how we can help you become more
inclusive? Contact us here. We'll be happy to discuss how our tools can help
with your accessibility needs. Sponsor: Freedom Scientific ➜ Classified
Advertisement: Freedom Scientific Focus Blue 5th Generation Refreshable
Braille Displays Our world-class refreshable Braille displays deliver
efficient Braille input and outstanding output for your PC or mobile device.
The robust Bluetooth® connectivity provides seamless use with Windows®,
Mac®, iPhones®, iPads®, and Android TM smartphones and tablets. Ergonomic
navigation features allow quick, natural hand movements for greater
productivity. When used with JAWS® screen reading software, they support our
popular Braille Study Mode, an interactive tool for teaching and learning
Braille. Learn more today:
https://www.freedomscientific.com/products/blindness/focus-blue-family/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=Top%20Tech%20Tidbit
Sponsor Since: April 15th 2021 Website: https://www.freedomscientific.com/
🌐 Email: info at vispero.com ✉ Phone: (800) 444-4443 ☎ Facebook | Twitter |
YouTube (Training) About: Freedom Scientific, a Vispero brand, is a leading
worldwide brand of assistive technology products for those with vision
impairments. We offer products designed to promote independence, allowing
blind and low vision individuals the same access to information as their
sighted peers. World-renowned JAWS (Job Access With Speech) screen reading
software and ZoomText screen magnification software provide users the
independence and ability to seek education and obtain or maintain a career
after vision loss. Our expansive product line includes both low vision and
blindness technology for all aspects of daily living. The wide range of
RUBY, TOPAZ, and ONYX desktop and portable video magnifiers are designed for
their ease of use and assist with daily activities. Our impressive line of
blindness hardware products include refreshable Braille displays and
scanning and reading devices, offering many options tailored to fit
individual needs. Sponsor: Humanware ➜ Classified Advertisement: BRAILLIANT
Renewed! The NEW Brailliant BI X Series is here! The wait is over! A
redefined family of Brailliant refreshable Braille displays has arrived! The
NEW Brailliant BI X Series will help you stay connected, download books from
many participating online libraries and share information easily with your
peers. You will enjoy the intuitive, seamless user experience of KeySoft
Lite, the HumanWare flagship accessibility suite designed to make you more
productive. Including the Brailliant BI 40X and the Brailliant BI 20X, this
is the Brailliant idea you need!
http://www.humanware.ca/web/en/newsletter/123020211100-BrailliantBIX-Launch-US.htm
Sponsor Since: February 4th 2021 Website: http://humanware.com/ 🌐 Phone
(Asia): +61 2 9686 2600 ☎ Phone (Australia): +61 2 9686 2600 ☎ Phone
(Canada): +1 888 723-7273 ☎ Phone (Europe): +44 1933 415 800 ☎ Phone
(International): +44 1933 415 800 ☎ Phone (Ireland): +01 8307033 ☎ Phone
(New Zealand): +027 700 1674 ☎ Phone (United Kingdom): +01933 415800 ☎ Phone
(United States): +1 800 722-3393 ☎ YouTube Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRWVYiggn-w 🎥 About: HumanWare is the
global leader in assistive technology for people who are blind or have low
vision. HumanWare offers a wide range of innovative products, including the
BrailleNote Touch, first Google certified braille tablet, the iOS compatible
Brailliant braille displays, Victor Reader®, the world's leading family of
digital audiobook players, the unique Prodigi® family of desktop and
portable vision and reading systems, and the ultra-portable explore line of
electronic handheld magnifier. Sponsor: LightHouse for the Blind and
Visually Impaired Adaptations Online Store ➜ Classified Advertisement:
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired Adaptations Online Store
Featured Products Revolution Cane Tip: Standard Roller Tip: $14.50 | Locator
Dots: Small Pack of 6 (Clear or Orange): $2.00 | NFB Metal Cane Tip: $3.00 |
TMAP - On Demand Tactile Street | Map (set of two maps): $25.00 | Ambutech
Aluminum Folding Cane: $35.00 | NFB Chris Park Telescoping Cane: $45.00 |
BoldWriter 20 Pen (Individual or 6-pack): $2.00 | Bump Dots: Mixed (50
count): $7.00 | Braille Apple Catalina VoiceOver Guide OSX 10.15 (3
volumes) - Latest Manual: $52.00 | SpeedDots iPhone Tactile Screen
Protector, Phone Layout: $12.00 | NFB Chris Park 7-Piece Folding Cane:
$50.00 | Visit https://adaptations.org/ to learn more today! Sponsor Since:
October 1, 2020 Website: https://adaptations.org/ 🌐 Toll Free: (888)
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired promotes the independence,
equality and self-reliance of people who are blind or have low vision.
Adaptations is your online go-to for tools, technology, and accessible
solutions for blind and visually impaired people. Sponsor: GuideLights and
Gadgets ➜ Classified Advertisement: July Convention Specials New Watches!
Announcing our partnership with Auguste Reymond of Switzerland, maker of the
best Braille watches in the world. Their prestige line for both ladies and
men, in gold and silver, have CZs as Braille dots, with 4 o'clock stem
openings. GRAB BAGS. We have collected a lot of useful items that for one
reason or another were never sold or are the last remaining from a popular
item. We have $25 $50 and $100 bags, Each will have at least 4 items with
twice the bag retail value. Our 60 inch locking titanium telescopic cane is
on sale for $60. we also now can supply ball and teardrop rolling tips. We
have new custom leather cases at a fraction of the cost of competitors for
the Stream 3, Stream 2, SensePlayer, and the Blind shell phone. Purchase an
Orbit Braille display and get one of our leather cases for free. If you are
at ACB, come visit Barry and Lisa at Booths 25 and 26. Director,
http://www.GuideLightsAndGadgets.us Sponsor Since: June 25th 2020 Website:
http://www.guidelightsandgadgets.us/ 🌐 For Gadgets and Leather Contact
Barry at: Phone: (617) 969-7500 ☎ Email: bscheur.gadgetsandtech at gmail.com ✉
For All Things Dog Contact Kae at: Phone: (781) 286-1696 ☎ Email:
guidelightdogs at gmail.com ✉ About: Our Scope of Products: We specialize in 3
lines of products, all intended to assist in access to adaptive electronics,
enhance experiences for guide dog teams, and offer practical solutions for
organization and travel with a variety of leather bags, pouches, and
backpacks. Then there are the random products that are included, just for
fun! We enjoy working with our customers 1-on-1 to their money is well spent
and not wasted on something they may not use. In thinking about our
customers and whether we will carry a product our guiding motto is that it
must be: practical, affordable, simple, tested, and accessible (the pasta
principle) and it seems to work very well. What We Do: We bring our business
either via zoom, phone, or to your conference or convention, to give each
customer a chance for questions and where possible, "hands on" evaluation of
the merchandise. Kae and I test and use each product as blind users before
we put it in our catalog. In the case of products for guide and service
dogs, our own three guides, Thor, Debra and Melody, are engaged in the
process of evaluating the usefulness, durability, and/or fun of the product.
We want each of our products to be useful, accessible, affordable, and,
whenever possible, fun! Our inventory is constantly changing, so a visit to
us is never the same experience twice! Sponsor: A. T. Guys ➜ Classified
Advertisement: Pluggable USB-C 7-in-1 Hub If you're like me, you probably
have more things to plug into your computer than available ports. That's why
we've now added the Pluggable USB-C 7-in-1 Hub. Plug it into your laptop and
you will get 3 USB ports, SD and Micro SD card slots, a USBC charging port,
and an HDMI video port. It's available now for just $29.95:
https://www.atguys.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28&products_id=331
Sponsor Since: June 11th 2020 Website: https://www.atguys.com/ 🌐 Phone:
(269) 216-4798 ☎ Email: support at atguys.com ✉ Skype: atguys ✆ X (Formerly
Twitter): https://twitter.com/atguys (@atguys) ✍ Facebook:
https://facebook.com/atguys ✍ About: ATGuys.com. Your access technology
experts, home for cool gadgets, accessories, and more. Our products are all
tested to work great for blind and visually impaired users but also work
just as well for anyone. If there's an item you're looking for, or if you
have a question, please don't hesitate to send us a message or call (269)
216-4798 ☎. Your Name Here 0 of 18 Sponsorship Packages currently available.
Top Tech Tidbits is the world's leading adaptive technology publication that
reaches over 10,000 adaptive technology professionals, educators and
enthusiasts, all over the world, each week. Top Tech Tidbits offers a total
of 24 Sponsorship Packages which are used to support the ongoing
distribution of the publication. There are currently  0  of  18  Sponsorship
Packages available. If you would like to become a Top Tech Tidbits Sponsor,
but there are no sponsorship packages currently available, we encourage you
to join our waiting list by sending an email to:
sponsorships at toptechtidbits.com ✉. Once you have joined our waiting list we
will notify you the next time a current sponsor decides not to renew. You
will then have 72 hours to secure your sponsorship before it is offered to
the next sponsor on the list. When available you can secure one of these
packages for just $325.00 USD for the next 3 months, or save $100.00 USD and
join us for the year. All Sponsorship Packages are offered on a first-come,
first serve basis. Please help us to support the ongoing distribution of
this publication. Consider showing your support for the world's #1 online
resource for current news and trends in adaptive technology while enjoying
these incredible benefits. Learn more today at:
https://www.toptechtidbits.com/sponsorship-information.html. ➜ Top Tech
Tidbits Supporters We couldn't do it without you! Thank you for your
support! Why: Top Tech Tidbits Supporters donate an amount of their choosing
either one time or annually in order to assist with the ongoing distribution
of the Top Tech Tidbits publication. Benefits: All Top Tech Tidbits
Supporters receive a listing within the "Our Supporters" section of each
weekly newsletter, as well as a listing within the "Our Supporters" section
of the Top Tech Tidbits website. In addition, all Top Tech Tidbits
Supporters automatically become Premium Subscribers as well, and therefore
enjoy all of the benefits that a Premium Subscription has to offer. One Time
Donation: If you would like to become a Top Tech Tidbits Supporter by making
a one time donation in an amount of your choosing to assist with the ongoing
distribution of the Top Tech Tidbits publication, you may utilize this
donate link, or scan the QR code to the right. Annual Donation: If you would
like to become a Top Tech Tidbits Supporter by making a small annual
donation to assist with the ongoing distribution of the Top Tech Tidbits
publication, we also offer the following options, all with our sincerest
thanks, and most heartfelt gratitude for your ongoing support. Support: In
tandem with Our Sponsors, these are the people that make the ongoing
distribution of Top Tech Tidbits possible. Platinum Supporters: Become a Top
Tech Tidbits Platinum Supporter today. 1.) Gary Lee Platinum Supporter since
June 25, 2020 2.) Anonymous Donation Platinum Supporter since July 9, 2020
3.) Pshon Barrett Platinum Supporter since January 28, 2021 4.) Robin Millar
Platinum Supporter since April 6, 2023 Gold Supporters: Become a Top Tech
Tidbits Gold Supporter today. 1.) Howard Goldstein Gold Supporter since June
4, 2020 2.) David Goldstein Gold Supporter since June 12, 2020 3.) Katherine
Crohan Gold Supporter since January 14, 2021 4.) Neil Jarvis Gold Supporter
since April 28, 2022 Silver Supporters: Become a Top Tech Tidbits Silver
Supporter today. 1.) Timothy Gorbold Silver Supporter since July 19, 2023
Bronze Supporters: Become a Top Tech Tidbits Bronze Supporter today. 1.)
Steven Wettlaufer Bronze Supporter since July 16, 2020 ➜ Top Tech Tidbits
News Team Publisher: Aaron Di Blasi (Volunteer) Volunteer Publisher Since:
June 4th 2020 Location: Mayfield Heights, Ohio Time Zone: Eastern Standard
Time (EST/EDT) (GMT-5/GMT-4) In addition to serving as Publisher for Top
Tech Tidbits Aaron also serves as Publisher for the Access Information News
Publication and is also the President and Senior Project Management
Professional for Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. As Publisher Aaron oversees the
weekly distribution of Top Tech Tidbits as a not-for-profit project on
behalf of Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Aaron also serves as a Volunteer Editor
to Top Tech Tidbits. Aaron Di Blasi, PMP Publisher (2020-Present) Top Tech
Tidbits The Week's News in Adaptive Technology https://toptechtidbits.com 🌐
Publisher (2022-Present) Access Information News The Week's News in Access
Information https://accessinformationnews.com 🌐 Sr. Project Management
Professional (2006 - Present) Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Innovative ideas.
Solutions that perform. https://mvsltd.com 🌐 Email:
publisher at toptechtidbits.com ✉ Subscribe:
https://toptechtidbits.com/subscribe Facebook:
https://toptechtidbits.com/facebook X (Formerly Twitter):
https://toptechtidbits.com/x LinkedIn: https://toptechtidbits.com/linkedin
RSS Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/rss Donate:
https://toptechtidbits.com/donate Sponsorship Information:
https://toptechtidbits.com/sponsor Archive Search:
https://toptechtidbits.com/search A Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Publication:
https://mvsltd.com Editorial Contributor: John Hanlin (Volunteer) Volunteer
Editor Since: June 4th 2020 Location: Boulder, Colorado Time Zone: Mountain
Standard Time (MST/MDT) (GMT-7/GMT-6) In addition to serving as an Editor to
Top Tech Tidbits, John also serves as an Editor to the Access Information
News Publication and is also an attorney-at-law specializing in long-term
disability claims for blind and visually impaired persons. John is also a
long-time contractor and member of the Board of Trustees at Mind Vault
Solutions, Ltd. John Hanlin, Esq. Editor (2020-Present) Top Tech Tidbits The
Week's News in Adaptive Technology https://toptechtidbits.com 🌐 Editor
(2022-Present) Access Information News The Week's News in Access Information
https://accessinformationnews.com 🌐 Board of Trustees (2006 - Present) Mind
Vault Solutions, Ltd. Innovative ideas. Solutions that perform.
https://mvsltd.com 🌐 Email: editors at toptechtidbits.com ✉ Subscribe:
https://toptechtidbits.com/subscribe Facebook:
https://toptechtidbits.com/facebook X (Formerly Twitter):
https://toptechtidbits.com/x LinkedIn: https://toptechtidbits.com/linkedin
RSS Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/rss Donate:
https://toptechtidbits.com/donate Sponsorship Information:
https://toptechtidbits.com/sponsor Archive Search:
https://toptechtidbits.com/search A Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Publication:
https://mvsltd.com Editorial Contributor: Jenna Lang (Volunteer) Volunteer
Editor Since: June 4th 2020 Location: Des Moines, Iowa Time Zone: Central
Standard Time (CST/CDT) (GMT-6/GMT-5) In addition to serving as an Editor to
Top Tech Tidbits, Jenna also serves as an Editor to the Access Information
News Publication and runs her own Digital Marketing Firm. Jenna also serves
as a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) for Mind Vault
Solutions, Ltd. Jenna's son was born blind and she is always seeking new and
innovative ways to empower him through technology. Jenna Lang, PMP Editor
(2020-Present) Top Tech Tidbits The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
https://toptechtidbits.com 🌐 Editor (2022-Present) Access Information News
The Week's News in Access Information https://accessinformationnews.com 🌐
Project Management Professional (2022 - Present) Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd.
Innovative ideas. Solutions that perform. https://mvsltd.com 🌐 Email:
editors at toptechtidbits.com ✉ Subscribe: https://toptechtidbits.com/subscribe
Facebook: https://toptechtidbits.com/facebook X (Formerly Twitter):
https://toptechtidbits.com/x LinkedIn: https://toptechtidbits.com/linkedin
RSS Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/rss Donate:
https://toptechtidbits.com/donate Sponsorship Information:
https://toptechtidbits.com/sponsor Archive Search:
https://toptechtidbits.com/search A Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Publication:
https://mvsltd.com Editorial Contributor: Stephen (Alex) Marositz
(Volunteer) Editor Since: October 7th 2021 Location: Los Angeles, California
Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time (PST/PDT) (GMT-6/GMT-7) In addition to
serving as an Editor to Top Tech Tidbits, Alex is also an Accessible
Technology Coordinator for California State University, Dominguez Hills. He
has worked in accessibility in higher education since 2005, is certified by
the International Association of Accessibility Professionals, and in his
spare time plays for the San Gabriel Valley Panthers Beep Baseball Team. He
can be reached on twitter at: @samarositz. Stephen (Alex) Marositz Editor
(2021-Present) Top Tech Tidbits The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
https://toptechtidbits.com 🌐 Accessible Technology Coordinator California
State University, Dominguez Hills https://csudh.edu 🌐 Email:
editors at toptechtidbits.com ✉ Subscribe: https://toptechtidbits.com/subscribe
Facebook: https://toptechtidbits.com/facebook X (Formerly Twitter):
https://toptechtidbits.com/x LinkedIn: https://toptechtidbits.com/linkedin
RSS Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/rss Donate:
https://toptechtidbits.com/donate Sponsorship Information:
https://toptechtidbits.com/sponsor Archive Search:
https://toptechtidbits.com/search A Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Publication:
https://mvsltd.com Editorial Contributor: Ben Moxey (Volunteer) Editor
Since: January 1st 2022 Location: Newcastle, Australia Time Zone: Australia
Eastern Standard Time (AEST/AEDT) (GMT+10) In addition to serving as an
Editor to Top Tech Tidbits, Ben is also an Access and Technology Advisor for
Guide Dogs, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory (NSW/ACT). Hi,
Tidbits readers, my name's Ben Moxey and I'm based in Newcastle, Australia.
I'm really happy to be part of the Tidbits Team and look forward to
supporting this valuable publication. A bit about me and how I came to work
in the BVI area. I grew up with very low vision in one eye due to retinal
issues and relied on magnification and speech throughout school. They also
tried to teach me Braille, but let's just say that I wasn't the best
student! I was determined to use my remaining vision, no matter how
impractical it was becoming. When I was 20, the other retina came off and
I've now been totally blind for about 21 years. This is when my love for
assistive technology, and technology in general, really kicked in. I'll be
honest, I was a bit of a computer nerd anyway, but I could quickly see how
technology was my key to enhanced independence and lifestyle. I embraced
screen readers, early smart phones and mobility aids. I even finally
realised the huge value of Braille and finished off the course, though I'm
still pretty slow! Long story short (not one of my strong points), I've
worked in the BVI area for 12 years with much of that spent reviewing,
recommending and teaching assistive technology that suits the individual.
I'm currently a proud employee of Guide Dogs NSW/ACT where I was the
Practice Lead for the assistive technology service, and I've now moved into
an Access and Technology Advisor role. Basically, this involves a strong
focus on accessibility and technology innovation. Feel free to look me up on
LinkedIn, but I'll warn you in advance that I haven't given my profile the
recommended attention! All the best and happy reading! Ben Moxey Editor
(2022-Present) Top Tech Tidbits The Week's News in Adaptive Technology
https://toptechtidbits.com 🌐 Access and Technology Advisor Guide Dogs, New
South Wales, Australian Capital Territory (NSW/ACT)
https://nsw.guidedogs.com.au 🌐 Email: editors at toptechtidbits.com ✉
Subscribe: https://toptechtidbits.com/subscribe Facebook:
https://toptechtidbits.com/facebook X (Formerly Twitter):
https://toptechtidbits.com/x LinkedIn: https://toptechtidbits.com/linkedin
RSS Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/rss Donate:
https://toptechtidbits.com/donate Sponsorship Information:
https://toptechtidbits.com/sponsor Archive Search:
https://toptechtidbits.com/search A Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Publication:
https://mvsltd.com Editorial Contributor: David Woodbridge (Volunteer)
Volunteer Editorial Contributor Since: February 6, 2023 Location: Central
Coast, New South Wales, Australia Time Zone: Australia Eastern Standard Time
(AEST/AEDT) (GMT+10) In addition to serving as an Editor to Top Tech
Tidbits, David also serves as an Editor to the Access Information News
Publication and is also the National Commercial Assistive Technology Advisor
for Vision Australia where he has worked since 1990. Over this time he has
assisted people who are blind or vision impaired in their home, education,
and work settings to take advantage of the benefits of using assistive and
main stream technology. In the last seventeen years, he has also been
involved with evaluating technology for use by people who are blind or
vision impaired covering both low and high tech equipment (including
Microsoft, Samsung, Google, Amazon, and Apple). David is also one of the key
spokespersons for Vision Australia relating to technology. He has been an
Apple Ambassador for Apple Australia since 2009 with a group of other
Ambassadors / Apple Distinguished Educators (ADE)'s covering the range of
Apple's Accessibility solutions throughout Australia. David produces a range
of podcasts (since 2011) covering Apple and other technologies which are
distributed on his own podcast (http://davidwoodbr.podbean.com). In
addition, he also has a regular Talking Tech program (since 2013) which can
be heard every Tuesday at 4:30 Eastern Summer Time on Vision Australia Radio
Melbourne (available online) or via
https://omny.fm/shows/talking-tech-vision-australia-radio David also runs a
weekly Tech Monday where people can chat about assistive and main stream
technology, share information, and any tips and tricks. David lost his sight
when he was 8 years old and had to learn Braille. Since then, he completed
high school, went to Sydney University receiving a Social Work degree, spent
4 years drug and alcohol counselling, and then moved into his current job.
As a person who is blind, David believes that as a user of the technology
that he recommends to others, that he is well situated to look at the
strengths and shortcomings of the assistive technology that he comes across
in both his professional and personal life, in particular, mainstream
technology that is accessible. X (Formerly Twitter): @dwoodbridge Mastodon:
woody at dragonscave.space iSee Podcast: https://davidwoodbr.podbean.com Vision
Australia Radio Talking Tech:
https://omny.fm/shows/talking-tech-vision-australia-radio In addition to his
weekly contributions to Top Tech Tidbits and Access Information News,
David's regularly occurring activities are his weekly tech radio show,
bi-monthly exploring tech webinars for Vision Australia, his iSee podcast
when something of note grabs his attention, and the weekly Tech Monday chat
sessions. David Woodbridge Editorial Contributor (2023-Present) Top Tech
Tidbits The Week's News in Adaptive Technology https://toptechtidbits.com 🌐
Editorial Contributor (2023-Present) Access Information News The Week's News
in Access Information https://accessinformationnews.com 🌐 National
Commercial Assistive Technology Advisor (1990 - Present) Vision Australia
Live the life you choose. We're here to support all Australians who are
blind or have low vision. https://www.visionaustralia.org/ 🌐 Email:
editor at toptechtidbits.com ✉ Subscribe: https://toptechtidbits.com/subscribe
Facebook: https://toptechtidbits.com/facebook X (Formerly Twitter):
https://toptechtidbits.com/x LinkedIn: https://toptechtidbits.com/linkedin
RSS Feed: https://toptechtidbits.com/rss Donate:
https://toptechtidbits.com/donate Sponsorship Information:
https://toptechtidbits.com/sponsor Archive Search:
https://toptechtidbits.com/search A Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd. Publication:
2004, Top Tech Tidbits is a leading Adaptive Technology publication that
reaches over 10,000 assistive technology professionals, educators and
enthusiasts each week. Sign up here. Review the archive here. Adaptive
Technology refers to items that are specifically designed for people with
disabilities. Adaptive Technology is a subset of Assistive Technology.
Adaptive Technology often refers specifically to electronic and information
technology access. Top Tech Tidbits is a Mind Vault Solutions, Ltd.
Publication. Publisher: Aaron Di Blasi. Contributing Editors: John Hanlin,
Jenna Lang, Stephen (Alex) Marositz, Ben Moxey, and David Woodbridge. Top
Tech Tidbits is a sponsor and reader supported publication. RELEASE
SCHEDULE: Top Tech Tidbits is released every Thursday morning at 4:00 AM ET.
SUBSCRIBE: Do you, a friend, or colleague wish to receive the Top Tech
Tidbits Newsletter? If so, please use or pass along our CAPTCHA-free sign-up
link, which is: https://toptechtidbits.com/subscribe. You can also subscribe
to receive the Top Tech Tidbits Newsletter on the Top Tech Tidbits Website
at: https://www.toptechtidbits.com. Either of these methods will provide you
with an accessibly friendly and secure medium through which you can
subscribe to our mailing list. Just enter your email address, click send,
and begin receiving the Top Tech Tidbits Newsletter. It's that easy. PREMIUM
SUBSCRIBER: Top Tech Tidbits Premium Subscribers receive additional benefits
throughout the year, in addition to supporting upgrades to the Top Tech
Tidbits Publication. Please consider joining us today! Premium Subscribers
make new feature requests possible. SPONSOR: If you would like to become 1
of only 18 Top Tech Tidbits Sponsors whose annual support makes the
distribution of Top Tech Tidbits possible, we offer you the following
benefits, with our sincerest thanks, and most heartfelt gratitude for your
ongoing support: https://toptechtidbits.com/sponsor. SUPPORT: If you would
like to become a Tidbits Supporter by making a small annual donation to
assist with the ongoing distribution of the Top Tech Tidbits publication, we
offer the following options, with our sincerest thanks, and most heartfelt
gratitude for your ongoing support: https://toptechtidbits.com/donate.
WEBSITE: Visit the Top Tech Tidbits website online at
https://www.toptechtidbits.com. PODCAST: Listen to the Top Tech Tidbits
Podcast each week at: https://toptechtidbits.com/podcast. FACEBOOK: Are you
on Facebook? Stop by and "Like" Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current
news and trends in Adaptive Technology as part of your Facebook News Feed:
https://toptechtidbits.com/facebook. X (FORMERLY TWITTER): Are you on X?
Follow Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in
Adaptive Technology as part of your X News Feed:
https://toptechtidbits.com/x. MASTODON: Are you on Mastodon? Follow Top Tech
Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive Technology as
part of your Mastodon News Feed by visiting
https://mastodon.toptechtidbits.com/@news or searching for
@news at mastodon.toptechtidbits.com on your server today. LINKEDIN: Are you on
LinkedIn? Follow Top Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends
in Adaptive Technology as part of your LinkedIn News Feed:
https://toptechtidbits.com/linkedin. YOUTUBE: Are you on YouTube? Follow Top
Tech Tidbits to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive
Technology as part of your YouTube Video Feed:
https://toptechtidbits.com/youtube. RSS: Do you prefer RSS? Follow Top Tech
Tidbits via RSS today to begin receiving current news and trends in Adaptive
Technology using your choice of news aggregator:
https://toptechtidbits.com/rss. QUESTIONS: Tidbits are intentionally
concise. As a result we know that some readers may not always understand all
of the items listed because little explanation is given. If a particular
Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel free to ask, and we will try
to answer as time and knowledge permit. ARCHIVE Visit the Top Tech Tidbits
Archive at: https://toptechtidbits.com/archive where you can grab back
issues. CONTENT CONTRIBUTORS: Any information for future issues of Top Tech
Tidbits may be submitted online via our Top Tech Tidbit Submission Form at:
https://toptechtidbits.com/submit-tidbit or directed to our Editors at:
editors at toptechtidbits.com. Information provided by: Top Tech Tidbits A Mind
Vault Solutions, Ltd. Publication https://www.toptechtidbits.com/  🌐 1284
SOM Center Road, PMB 194 Mayfield Heights, Ohio 44124   (855) 578-6660 ☎ Top
Tech Tidbits | 1284 SOM Center Road, PMB 194, Mayfield Heights, OH 44124
Unsubscribe electronics-talk at nfbnet.org Update Profile | Our Privacy Policy