[NJTechDiv] unresponsiveness

Ken Lawrence kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Wed Jan 17 00:39:56 UTC 2024

Hi list have a baffling problem on Sunday during my show mid song suddenly station playlist software was not responding. It was one of those situations where a program says this isn’t responding if you close the program you’ll lose data then you see the close and a wait for the program to respond button.  When SPL came back it had skipped the rest of the song that was playing and the next song.  I managed to save the playlist and reboot restarting the show with no problems.  Yesterday however the same thing happened I restarted a song that was playing then it happened again.  Last night was wrongfully advised to uninstall and reinstall station playlist this means I have to reregister the software all over again.  So no show tonight and probably for a while.  It turns out the problem with the SPL wasn’t SPL at all winamp was and is doing the same thing. A couple minutes into a playback of an earlier radio show the player stopped responding it even made the playlist editor in winamp stop responding and it unchecked it.  Tonight while browsing my music looking for a song to test it the file explorer window wasn’t responding for a few seconds this means something on the computer causes things to be unresponsive.  I tried Microsoft accessibility but hung up in frustration with a woman with an accent who had to explain what quick assist was and all this stuff and trying to understand the code she was giving me I don’t like being talked to like a two-year-old Huh?  As if quick assist was beyond my ability to understand.  So my question is this.  If antivirus shows nothing, if file system erors show clean, wht causes a program or programs to be unresponsive and how do I correct this.  What part of windows makes this happen.  Station playlist does say that errors have happened.  Any ideas from tech committee since Microsoft accessibility doesn’t seem to train their reps very well in active listening?

Sent from Mail for Windows