[Nmabs] My board position

Michael Postlethwait mpostlet at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 23:58:06 UTC 2010

Hi All

I deeply regret to inform you that I will have to drop my board
position due to employment. I had no idea whatsoever about this job
until a couple months after I paid my dues and got my board position,
as I explained to Monica a while back. I realize that you guys don't
like people having to suddenly drop positions due to people not being
adults and keeping office as they should, but I want you all to know
that this is a completely different scenario. The reason why I need to
drop my board position has nothing to do with me not wanting to
participate in this asociation. In fact, even though I am dropping
this, I have explicitly told Tara that i will still be participating
in NMABS meetings. Since I will be working for the Federal government,
I will not be going to school because my field does not require
college to work there.

As I step down from this position, I will say this. Organizations are
not perfect. Every once in a while, people will drop positions, and
there are various reasons why they drop them. Organizations will die
and eventually come back to life. It's obviously a lot of hard work,
and I give both Monica and Tara a lot of credit for keeping this
organization going. To these 2 people, don't give up hope because this
organization is dying. I'm sure there are a lot more students who
would love to join it as they get into high school. For example, you
both know Amerissa, my sister, and I'm sure she'd love to join when
she gets to that age.

In closing, I deeply apologize that I told you all this stuff at the
last minute. However, I was not anticipating something that would turn
into a permanent job. I hope all of you understand what this is all
about. See you all in a couple of weeks and tae care.

God bless you,
-Michael