[Nmabs] Minutes from May meeting.

NMABS President nmabs.president at gmail.com
Thu May 27 05:57:04 UTC 2010

New Mexico Association of Blind students Minutes 05/16/2010

Meeting called to order at 7:00 PM.

Roll Call of members:

Tara Sena

Christopher Chavez

David Abraham

Monica Martinez

Brianne Kotchwar

Amanda Youngblood

Michael Postlethwait

Josh Brownell

Guests: Darian Smith

Minutes from the previous meeting : David moved, Chris seconded, Motion
carries. Minutes approved as read.

Treasurer's report: Balance 4/8/2010 $565.55, withdrawal: $129.67, deposit
$324.00, balance as of today, $759.88. Brianne moved, David seconded, motion
carries, treasurer's report approved.

Web site update: The constitution is up on the web site on the "About Us"
page. You can download it there. Also, the officers and board members are
updated on the web site as well.

Amanda Youngblood will take over for the Presidential Releases as of our
June meeting.

Tara attended a meeting with the Rehabilitation Services Administration at
the commission for the blind where she learned about the Client Assistance
Program. This program helps consumers with issues with their counselors at
the commission, call Bernadine Chavez at: 505-256-3100 if you need to use
this program.

The national student division is getting ready for national convention,
business meeting July 4th, elections, working on having a social event
sponsored by the membership committee, the membership has been putting on a
series of conference calls www.nabslinkaudio.org will connect you to the
archives as well as live streaming, next conference is going to be some time
in June. Regional seminar, not much interest, but at some point we will
revisit the idea.

Possible future activities: bowling, rail runner, Isotopes, Cliffs, camping
trip, seminar October, POBC picnic, food drive, community service, store
house, clothing drive, stuff backpacks, sack lunches for homeless, cub
scouts/girl scouts, etc.

The Parents of Blind Children division in NM is having a picnic on Saturday
June 12, 2010 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM. The picnic is going to be held at
the Bel-Air / Miramontes Park at 3800 Phoenix Ave. Ne. Please bring your own
lunch. Drinks will be provided. Please remember your chairs and or blankets.
Don't forget the sunscreen!!

The next meeting will be at 7:00 PM on Sunday June 20, 2010 via conference
call.

David moved, Michael seconded, motion passed.

Meeting adjourned at 8:01 PM.

PS. Information on how to join our mailing list can be found at our website:
www.nmabs.org