[Nmabs] conference calls.

NMABS President nmabs.president at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 15:59:33 UTC 2011

True, just thought I'd try.

Tara

From: nmabs-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nmabs-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
Of Monica Martinez
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 9:34 AM
To: New Mexico Association of Blind Students
Subject: Re: [Nmabs] conference calls.

I think it's a great idea.  I doubt you will hear from everyone in the
group.  I would go ahead and start the flyers.  Just my opinion.

Monica

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 11:37 PM, NMABS President <nmabs.president at gmail.com>
wrote:

Hello all,

I'd like to pose an idea that I've thought about, but never acted on.

I'd like to begin having our monthly membership calls be exactly that,
membership calls. Beginning this month, I'd like to have a philosophy call
or something to that effect. Two topics I've come up with (with Darian's
help) are: "Why "we" the members, joined the Federation" and go around and
ask for situations we have faced as blind students/people, and another
person responds by explaining how they've handled that situation/ways to
handle that situation.

We would have our "board" meetings every other month. If you want a say in
this please reply all so we are all on the same page. Please let me know
ASAP so I can begin planning. BTW, is the flyer for the stuffed animal drive
finalized, didn't' hear from everyone. Therefore, I haven't sent it out.

Thank you,

Tara

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Nmabs:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nmabs_nfbnet.org/mmjackson469%40gmail.com