[Nmabs] Striving for Independence: Southwest Regional Student Seminar (please spread widely!)

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 15:20:00 UTC 2012

Hello  all:

On behalf of members of the Nevada Affiliate and the National
Association of Blind Students, I am thrilled to let you know about an
exciting opportunity for Students and Parents to come together, learn
together and grow together.  And did I mention it’s in Vegas?
 Attached, and below you will find information about the Regional
Student Seminar!
  Please share far and wide, please stay tuned for more info, and
please make plans to be there with us!

Striving for Independence: Southwest Regional Student  Seminar

When: Sept. 21st - Sept. 23rd 2012

Where: Ramada Las Vegas 325 E Flamingo Rd, (At Paradise and

Flamingo,) Las Vegas, NV 89169 US.

Students:

Learn  about your  rights as a  Student.

Find out  why school clubs can be just as important as school Classes
inyour scholastic life.

Network with students from all over the west coast

Learn  about our NFB training Centers.

Parents:

Meet other parents and network

Find out  how you can help your student get ready for college.

Learn about what good rehabilitation  training can do for your  child.

Get your child  connected with Mentors.

All of this and  much more, including the opportunity to  enjoy an
evening in Las Vegas on “the Strip” and fun activities within the
hotel.

RSVP: Please send your full name and contact information (email and
phone number) to be alerted once pre-registration becomes available
email:

--
Darian Smith

"To dream what is possible and to put oneself in service of that dream is the
formula
for a life well lived."

- Dr. Peter Benson